Sökning: "Dimension reduction"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 90 uppsatser innehållade orden Dimension reduction.
1. Tidying up the factor zoo: Using machine learning to find sparse factor models that predict asset returns.Kandidat-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för nationalekonomi med statistik
Sammanfattning : There exist over 300 firm characteristics that provide significant information about average asset return. John Cochrane refers to this as a “factor zoo” and challenges researchers to find the independent characteristics which can explain average return. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för matematiska vetenskaper
Sammanfattning : Interest in the field of spectral geometry, the study of how analytic and geometric properties ofmanifolds are related, was sparked when Marc Kac in 1966 asked the question “can one hear theshape of a drum?”. One of the problems that garnered attention because of this was whether theLaplace spectrum of a flat torus determines its shape, even though it was not new. LÄS MER
3. Text mining Twitter social media for Covid-19 : Comparing latent semantic analysis and latent Dirichlet allocationKandidat-uppsats, Högskolan i Gävle/Avdelningen för datavetenskap och samhällsbyggnad
Sammanfattning : In this thesis, the Twitter social media is data mined for information about the covid-19 outbreak during the month of March, starting from the 3’rd and ending on the 31’st. 100,000 tweets were collected from Harvard’s opensource data and recreated using Hydrate. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, KTH/Matematisk statistik
Sammanfattning : A payment is the most fundamental aspect of a trade that involves funds. In recent years, the development of new payment services has accelerated significantly as the world has moved further into the digital era. This transition has led to an increased demand of digital payment solutions that can handle trades across the world. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Linnéuniversitetet/Institutionen för fysik och elektroteknik (IFE); Linnéuniversitetet/Institutionen för fysik och elektroteknik (IFE)
Sammanfattning : The traditional Computed Tomography (CT) is based on the Radon Transform and its inversion. The Radon transform uses parallel beam geometry and its inversion is based on the Fourier slice theorem. LÄS MER