Sökning: "Disaster Recovery"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 47 uppsatser innehållade orden Disaster Recovery.
1. Resilience from within or without? : An ethnographic study of resilience mechanisms in southern ColombiaMagister-uppsats, Linnéuniversitetet/Institutionen för samhällsstudier (SS)
Sammanfattning : The emergence of resilience in the peacebuilding field shows an important change of paradigm and turn to the local context. So far few ethnographic research has been done to understand how resilience works locally and what are the mechanisms helping individuals to cope and recover from a crisis. LÄS MER
2. Informing preparedness planning: Applications of community-based vulnerability and capacity data in the PhilippinesMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Avdelningen för Riskhantering och Samhällssäkerhet
Sammanfattning : Disasters are not natural, but rather a combination of a natural hazard and its impact on vulnerable people and resources. Therefore, when engaging in disaster risk reduction and coming to an understanding of disaster risk, existing conditions within society should be understood. LÄS MER
3. Labour Rights Protection in Post-Conflict and Post-Disaster Recovery: What Role for International Labour Standards?Master-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Juridiska institutionen; Lunds universitet/Juridiska fakulteten
Sammanfattning : The world continues to be shaped by crises in both new and familiar forms. International and non-international armed conflicts and disasters are barriers to individual wellbeing, development, stability, and in the case of the former, represent a basic challenge to peace. LÄS MER
4. Community Resilience and the Vulnerability to Climate Change in the Republic of Fiji : A qualitative field study on Mudu Village’s ability to recover from natural disastersKandidat-uppsats, Linnéuniversitetet/Institutionen för samhällsstudier (SS); Linnéuniversitetet/Institutionen för samhällsstudier (SS)
Sammanfattning : The ability to recover from the effects of climate change among communities is acknowledged in previous research, where focus is laid on disaster recovery through adaptive capacities and resilience. The objective of this study was to investigate a rural community’s ability to cope with natural disasters in in the aftermath of Severe Tropical Cyclone Winston, by using the case of Mudu Village in Koro Island, Fiji. LÄS MER
5. Dimensions of power and gender based violence in post-disaster societies : A case study on Haiti after the 2010 earthquakeKandidat-uppsats, Linnéuniversitetet/Institutionen för samhällsstudier (SS)
Sammanfattning : Haiti experienced the greatest urban disaster of international history in 2010 when the county was hit by an earthquake which triggered one of the largest responses of humanitarian assistance and disaster relief efforts ever identified. The Haitian population was harshly affected by the earthquake, killing approximately 200 000 people, injuring 300 000 and displacing over 2,3 million. LÄS MER