Sökning: "Distant other"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 101 uppsatser innehållade orden Distant other.
- Kandidat-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för kulturvetenskaper
Sammanfattning : In this thesis the aim is to understand more about the effect that smartphones and headphones have on our social life in our everyday commute in the Swedish city Gothenburg. Through ethnographic observations and seven interviews with day to day commuters and one tram driver, this thesis will discuss public transportations in relation to our smartphones; as a vital necessity and a natural hazard. LÄS MER
2. Cultural Impacts on the Managing of Knowledge Sharing Processes : A Qualitative Study of Swedish Banks in Shanghai, ChinaUppsats för yrkesexamina på avancerad nivå, Luleå tekniska universitet/Institutionen för ekonomi, teknik och samhälle
Sammanfattning : The globalization of economies and the technology development have both increased opportunities to businesses as well as challenges. Multicultural workforces and other values in the market compared with the home market lead to complexity in the management control when a business establishes abroad. LÄS MER
3. Film Festivals for Social Change - A study of the conceptualization of social change by participants at the Nordisk Panorama Film Festival 2018Magister-uppsats, Malmö universitet/Kultur och samhälle
Sammanfattning : As a popular social practice, film festivals function as sites for entertainment and network building. Within the field of communication for development, especially documentary film festivals are theorized as contributing to public spheres, enabling public negotiations of alternative world views, as well as educational sites to learn about foreign lifestyles and practices. LÄS MER
- Magister-uppsats, SLU/Dept. of Urban and Rural Development
Sammanfattning : Alternative food systems have grown increasingly for the last 20 years and are seen as a reaction to the distant relationship between consumers and the origin of food. The discussion about shorter food systems and short food supply chains (SFSCs) raises the question about finding alternative ways to organize around food systems. LÄS MER
- Uppsats för yrkesexamina på avancerad nivå, KTH/Arkitektur
Sammanfattning : Most art galleries around the world look the same; a large white room with a few artworks placed far apart. This standard way of designing art spaces together with locating them almost exclusively in the city centers makes them both physically and culturally distant for many people. LÄS MER