Sökning: "Distant other"
Visar resultat 11 - 15 av 108 uppsatser innehållade orden Distant other.
- Magister-uppsats, Malmö universitet/Kultur och samhälle
Sammanfattning : The increased mobility of people, as they relocate for job or work opportunities, cause some families to be separated for a substantial amount of time. Since this prevents the dinner table from being the natural gathering point for families, other ways of sustaining the relationships must be considered. LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, Högskolan i Gävle/Avdelningen för socialt arbete och psykologi
Sammanfattning : Närmare en halv miljon vuxna svenskar har ett beroende eller missbruk av alkohol. Den motsvarande siffran för narkotika är 55 000 individer. Många av dessa personer har syskon. LÄS MER
13. Film Festivals for Social Change - A study of the conceptualization of social change by participants at the Nordisk Panorama Film Festival 2018Magister-uppsats, Malmö universitet/Kultur och samhälle
Sammanfattning : As a popular social practice, film festivals function as sites for entertainment and network building. Within the field of communication for development, especially documentary film festivals are theorized as contributing to public spheres, enabling public negotiations of alternative world views, as well as educational sites to learn about foreign lifestyles and practices. LÄS MER
14. Laughter for Development: An Explorative Study into Humour’s Potential Role in Influencing Stereotypical RepresentationMagister-uppsats, Malmö universitet/Kultur och samhälle
Sammanfattning : Development issues are often described as important but dull, and ongoing stereotypical representations of a ‘distant other’ perpetuated by NGO’s and mainstream media create an increasingly disengaged public. In response to this, more creative means of communication are needed to increase engagement and counter dominant stereotypical narratives within the development sector. LÄS MER
- Magister-uppsats, SLU/Dept. of Urban and Rural Development
Sammanfattning : Alternative food systems have grown increasingly for the last 20 years and are seen as a reaction to the distant relationship between consumers and the origin of food. The discussion about shorter food systems and short food supply chains (SFSCs) raises the question about finding alternative ways to organize around food systems. LÄS MER