Sökning: "Diversionary Theory"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 6 uppsatser innehållade orden Diversionary Theory.
1. Storbritanniens utrikespolitik under Falklandskriget 1982 : En kvalitativ fallstudie om de brittiska beslutsfattarnas motiv och eventuellt bakomliggande sådanaKandidat-uppsats, Linnéuniversitetet/Institutionen för statsvetenskap (ST)
Sammanfattning : When Argentina invaded the Falkland Islands in 1982, it was the beginning of a two month long war. The aim of this essay is to find alternative explanations to the Falklands war with the main question being whether there were hidden motives for Thatcher and her reactions in 1982. LÄS MER
2. Unrest as Incentive for Cooperation? : The Diversionary Peace Theory, Turkish-Syrian Relations and the Kurdish ConflictKandidat-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : The aim of this paper is to investigate the link between internal and external conflict of states in the field of International Relations. More specifically, it is a critique of the Diversionary War theory, which argues that political leaders can instigate foreign conflict to divert the attention from domestic issues in order to secure their political positions. LÄS MER
3. Regime Survival during the Arab Spring: : A Case study of how the Moroccan leader addressed the popular discontent during and after the Arab Spring in 2011Kandidat-uppsats, Linnéuniversitetet/Institutionen för samhällsstudier (SS)
Sammanfattning : The Arab Spring, the protests that spread through the Arab world, led to very different outcomes in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region. That some regimes survived during the Arab Spring and some experienced regime-change has been explained through political, economic and social perspectives. LÄS MER
4. Political Motivation and Annexations: A comparative study of the political motivation to annex a sovereign territory.Kandidat-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : Unveiling political motivation as a feature in the actions of states has since the mid 20th century been a rising subject of interest in the academic research of International Relations. Research has predominatly focused on the incidence of war as a method to foster domestic support, however the manifestation of political stimulus streches past these events. LÄS MER
5. Partisan Macroeconomic Preferences and the Diversionary Use of Force in The United Kingdom 1971-2000Kandidat-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : This thesis explores the diversionary use of force in the context of The United Kingdom. Building on theory that suggests that diversionary tactics are most likely when domestic turmoil affects the core constituents of the incumbent party, I operationalize domestic turmoil as macroeconomic conditions that disfavor the core constituents of the incumbent party and test its effects on the initiation, or threat of, force towards other countries through logistic regression models and time-series data from The United Kingdom, 1971-2000. LÄS MER