Sökning: "Drag reduction"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 49 uppsatser innehållade orden Drag reduction.
- Master-uppsats, Linköpings universitet/Fordonssystem; Linköpings universitet/Fordonssystem
Sammanfattning : The vehicle and transport industry have a constant strive towards reduced fuelconsumption and for HDVs are there numerous of different approaches. Twoapproaches that have been proven to reduce fuel consumption in previous workare look-ahead control (LAC) and platooning. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Linköpings universitet/Mekanisk värmeteori och strömningslära
Sammanfattning : The road transport industry is facing a strong need for fuel consumption reduction, driven by the necessity of decreasing polluting emissions, such as CO2 and NOX, as well as coping with strict regulations and increasing fuel costs. For road vehicles the aerodynamic drag constitutes a major source of energy consumption, and for this reason improving the aerodynamic performance of the vehicle is an established approach for reducing fuel consumption and greenhouse gases emissions. LÄS MER
3. Multidisciplinary design Optimization in Aerodynamics and Aeroacoustics : Analysis of the A-PillarMaster-uppsats, Linköpings universitet/Mekanisk värmeteori och strömningslära
Sammanfattning : A roof above your head, when in a car, is made possible due to the component calledthe A-pillar in the automotive industry. This component is not only responsible forholding up the roof but also in providing a point for the windscreen to be attached. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, KTH/Mekanik
Sammanfattning : Direct numerical simulation of the turbulent flow in a square duct with polymers has been performed and the results have been compared with the laboratory experiments done at KTH Mechanical engineering department. The polymer suspension is simulated with the FENE-P model, and the numerical results are used to elucidate the mechanism that provides drag reduction and the effect of polymers on the secondary motion which is typical of the turbulent flow in ducts. LÄS MER
5. Automated Pulmonary Nodule Detection on Computed Tomography Images with 3D Deep Convolutional Neural NetworkMaster-uppsats, KTH/Skolan för elektroteknik och datavetenskap (EECS)
Sammanfattning : Object detection on natural images has become a single-stage end-to-end process thanks to recent breakthroughs on deep neural networks. By contrast, automated pulmonary nodule detection is usually a three steps method: lung segmentation, generation of nodule candidates and false positive reduction. LÄS MER