Sökning: "EU poverty policy"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 29 uppsatser innehållade orden EU poverty policy.
- Master-uppsats, Linköpings universitet/Institutionen för ekonomisk och industriell utveckling
Sammanfattning : This Master thesis aims to study how the EU’s strategic culture shapes the EU as a security actor in the Sahel. A region stricken with poverty and conflict with no end in sight in which the EU and European states are deeply involved. LÄS MER
2. Theorizing the External Actorness of the European Union in Global Development Governance : The Case of Aid Effectiveness in Post-Cotonou Development PolicyKandidat-uppsats, Malmö universitet/Institutionen för globala politiska studier (GPS)
Sammanfattning : The European Union (EU) is the world’s leading development donor, playing a pivotal role in shaping development norms. This paper aims to investigate the extent to which the EU has been effective in its external aid actorness towards global poverty eradication during the post-Cotonou negotiation period (2000-2020). LÄS MER
3. The European Union Development Policy between Intention and Public Perception: Analysing the Role of Feedback from Project BeneficiariesMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : The European Union’s development policy has the primary goal to eradicate poverty at the global level and to promote sustainable development. But is the EU doing enough effort to engage the voices and the needs of the poor in order to deliver locally informed aid projects? Emerging from these complex questions, the following research explores the importance and resourcefulness of an institutionalised feedback mechanism between the development agency of the EU and beneficiaries of its funded projects. LÄS MER
4. Towards a Green Techno-Economic Paradigm - The implications of EUs strategy to finance a sustainable growth on industry dynamics from a neo-Schumpeterian perspectiveMaster-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Graduate School
Sammanfattning : The consequences of climate change are becoming more and more evident. Environmentalshocks in terms of massive forest fires, ferocious cyclones and droughts have become morefrequent leading to mass migrations and business disruptions. It has now been declared that wehave reached a tipping point and that further global warming is inevitable. LÄS MER
5. L’aide au développement en Éthiopie : Une comparaison de l’aide au développement apportée à l’Ethiopie par deux pays européensKandidat-uppsats, Linnéuniversitetet/Institutionen för språk (SPR)
Sammanfattning : Ethiopia being one of the countries in the world currently in the most need of help, has the support and financial aid of several countries, many who are part of the European Union. The objective of this essay is to examine the differences in development aid from two of these countries, France and Sweden, to Ethiopia. LÄS MER