Sökning: "East African Community"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 14 uppsatser innehållade orden East African Community.
1. Which firm characteristics determine access to finance for SMEs within the East African Community?Kandidat-uppsats,
Sammanfattning : Financial constraints among SMEs are generally more prevalent in the developing world than in the developed world, but SMEs in sub-Saharan Africa stand out as being particularly constrained. Previous studies also show causal links between access to finance and company growth and increased prosperity. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Institutionen för arkitektur och byggd miljö
Sammanfattning : My diploma project is a design proposal for a Rudolf Steiner School in Sirende, a village 12 km outside Kitale Town, Kenya. On Initiative taken by the anthroposophical association Föreningen Sofia in Sweden, a Steiner school opened in Sirende in year 2008. LÄS MER
3. Assessing Vulnerability to Transboundary Climate Risks and Adaptation Options. A Case of East Africa Commission CountriesMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Internationella miljöinstitutet
Sammanfattning : Increasing global interconnectivity, in terms of our economies, ecological systems and population dynamics, can reduce or amplify the risks posed by climate change. The ongoing Coronavirus 2019 crisis demonstrates how rapidly disasters and risks can cascade and escalate across countries to become a shared problem globally. LÄS MER
4. Ecological and Edaphic Correlations of Soil Invertebrate Community Structure in Dry Upland Forests of Eastern AfricaKandidat-uppsats, Högskolan i Skövde/Institutionen för biovetenskap
Sammanfattning : Natural forests are characterised by great vegetation diversity and create habitats for a major part of Earth’s terrestrial organisms. Plantation forests, which are mainly composed of a few genera of fast-growing trees, constitute an increasing fraction of global forests, but they only partly compensate for loss of area, habitat and ecological functions in natural forests. LÄS MER
5. “You can choose your friends, but not your neighbours” : A field study of the informal practice of restorative justice and its ties to community resilience in rural communities in Nakuru County, KenyaKandidat-uppsats, Försvarshögskolan
Sammanfattning : The justice system in the east-African country Kenya has long been subject to severe corruption and lengthy bureaucracy. Both historical and current injustices have been left unattended and unaddressed, obstructing community resilience. LÄS MER