Sökning: "East Germany"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 46 uppsatser innehållade orden East Germany.
1. The Fear of Immigration- Its Roots and Underlying Dynamics in East Germany from a Socio-Economic PerspectiveMagister-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Ekonomisk-historiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : The topic of immigration and its management is very controversial and highly discussed. Hence, it continues to have a huge impact on the today’s societies and the political climate. LÄS MER
2. “I am East German” - How an East German identity is experienced and defined by the generation born after reunificationMaster-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för globala studier
Sammanfattning : The increased success of right-wing movements and populist parties in East Germany since 2015 led to a public debate about the East and the people who live there. An increased number of young East Germans are now participating in talks and debates about the East, addressing the regions´ problems and challenges but also trying to counter argue its negative image (Engler and Hensel 2018a, 9). LÄS MER
- Magister-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Nationalekonomiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : This paper investigates whether individuals who earn marginally above a minimum wage are experiencing spill-over effects as a result of its implementation, adjustment and existence. It focuses on Germany’s federal statutory minimum wage regime that was introduces in 2015 and later adjusted in 2017, through the experiences of individuals who earned 100% to 110% of the new wage floor in 2014. LÄS MER
4. Did the pattern of poverty in West Germany change because of the reunification? : A cross-sectional study of poverty in West GermanyKandidat-uppsats, Linnéuniversitetet/Institutionen för nationalekonomi och statistik (NS); Linnéuniversitetet/Institutionen för nationalekonomi och statistik (NS)
Sammanfattning : The reunification of West Germany and East Germany occurred in 1990 and had a great impact on the country. This essay investigates the impact that reunification had on the poverty structure of West Germany on the long-run. The results indicate that reunification had a negative impact on poverty since it increased the poverty rate by 4. LÄS MER
5. Deutscher, Ex-DDR-Bürger oder Ossi? : Identifikation und Selbstbild der Ostdeutschen -30 Jahre nach der WiedervereinigungKandidat-uppsats, Linnéuniversitetet/Institutionen för språk (SPR)
Sammanfattning : In 1990, Germany once again became a reunited country after the collapse of the socialistic German Democratic Republic [GDR]. Although most of the East Germans were positive about the reunification, the consequences of their transformation into the West German system came as a shock to many. LÄS MER