Sökning: "East Timor"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 13 uppsatser innehållade orden East Timor.
1. A trinitarian analysis on how The United Nations Security Council failed to protect Timor-Leste's Independence and Human Rights through political action 1960-1999Kandidat-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Mänskliga rättigheter
Sammanfattning : The aim of this study is to research how the United Nations (UN) through the Security Council (SC) failed to act politically to protect the independence and human rights of Timor-Leste 1960-1999. 1960 Timor-Leste was acknowledged by the UN as a non-self-governing territory and so remained until the referendum of independence 1999. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : Inspired by recent criticism of liberal peacebuilding and the academic debate revolving around the effect of the local-turn on peacebuilding operations, this thesis aims to leave the general realm of the debate behind and demonstrate how all this manifested in two particular peacebuilding operations. Through the case of Cambodia and East-Timor the thesis demonstrates, that even though the overall strategy adopted by the United Nations was heavily top-down structured, on many instances they made significant efforts to cooperate with local actors, and thus the criticism of liberal peacebuilding on the lack of cooperation with the local are exaggerated. LÄS MER
3. Political Motivation and Annexations: A comparative study of the political motivation to annex a sovereign territory.Kandidat-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : Unveiling political motivation as a feature in the actions of states has since the mid 20th century been a rising subject of interest in the academic research of International Relations. Research has predominatly focused on the incidence of war as a method to foster domestic support, however the manifestation of political stimulus streches past these events. LÄS MER
4. Varför agerar vissa stater i väpnade humanitära interventioner? - En statistisk undersökning av mönsterKandidat-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : This survey studies patterns of states which choose to make use of armed interventions for humanitarian reasons in relation to states that elect not to intervene. This is done by a statistical analysis of five interventions: Iraq 91, Somalia 92, Rwanda 94, East Timor 99 and Libya 11. LÄS MER
5. Kvinnor, fred & säkerhet - En undersökning av FN:s implementering av resolution 1325 i Kosovo och ÖsttimorKandidat-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : This paper analyzes how the UN has implemented Security Council Resolution 1325 on women, peace and security in two peacebuilding missions. This is examined through a study on how the UN has worked towards gender mainstreaming and to increase women’s participation at the official and formal level of the peacebuilding in Kosovo and East Timor. LÄS MER