Sökning: "Ebola Outbreak"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 12 uppsatser innehållade orden Ebola Outbreak.
1. Skapade vi "dödssmittan"? : En kritisk diskursanalys av den svenska nyhetsrapporteringen vid utbrottet av ebola och covid-19Kandidat-uppsats, Linköpings universitet/Statsvetenskap; Linköpings universitet/Statsvetenskap
Sammanfattning : The outbreak of ebola 2014 and the outbreak of covid-19 2019 affected our societies in a lot of ways, and some of the consequences were more unexpected than others. One of these consequences is the appearance of stigmatization and racism against ethnic groups. LÄS MER
2. 'A Perfect Storm' A case study of how the Ebola response played into conflict dynamics in Sierra LeoneKandidat-uppsats, Malmö universitet/Fakulteten för kultur och samhälle (KS)
Sammanfattning : Between 2014 and 2016, West Africa was struck by the largest ever Ebola epidemic. In Sierra Leone, the outbreak occurred only about a decade after the end of an eleven-year long civil war, which left the country with little capacity to contain the virus. LÄS MER
3. Socio-Economic Determinants of Ebola Outbreak Intensity and Severity: A Study of the West-African Outbreak in 2013-2016Master-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Ekonomisk-historiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : This study uses a specifically constructed sub-national dataset on Ebola Virus Disease (EVD) outbreak cases, deaths, and CFR in order to look at the question of how important various socio-economic factors were in determining the intensity and severity of the 2013-2016 EVD outbreak in Guinea, Liberia, and Sierra Leone. The results of the OLS model shows that the socio-economic conditions in different regions of the country were important indicators of the number of reported cases and deaths. LÄS MER
4. The African Union and its Behaviour During the Ebola Outbreak 2014-2016 : Steps Towards Understanding Actorness and EffectivenessMagister-uppsats, Försvarshögskolan
Sammanfattning : The following thesis seeks to test Brattberg and Rhinard’s hypothesized correlation between actorness and behaviour (assumed to facilitate effectiveness) during disasters. Its goal is to test it on the African Union during the Ebola outbreak and thereby investigate if there is a positive relation between degrees of actorness and behaviour. LÄS MER
5. Left out and let down: A study on empowerment and access to education for young mothers in post-Ebola Sierra LeoneMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : Sierra Leone has struggled with high rates of adolescent pregnancy for some time and reports have shown an increase in these figures during and following the unprecedented Ebola Virus Disease outbreak from 2014 through 15. As young girls are impregnated, it has long been customary for girls to drop out of school. LÄS MER