Sökning: "Economic Inequality"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 343 uppsatser innehållade orden Economic Inequality.
1. Be better than nationalism: overcoming economic inequality for international solidarity. Using social movement theory to deconstruct the cultural ideology of the Alternative for GermanyMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/LUCSUS
Sammanfattning : This thesis advocates for the evaluation of current sociopolitical conflicts through the lens of social movement theory, as a decisive path to deconstruct the premises of the German right-wing party Alternative for Germany (Alternative für Deutschland, AfD). The party is conceptualized as an institutionalized social movement, which is insufficiently answering public material grievances caused by economic inequality with the cultural response of nationalistic solidarity. LÄS MER
2. Quests for knowledge and social mobility : Vocational and on-the-job-training as navigational tactics in the urban labour market of Sierra LeoneMaster-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Institutionen för kulturantropologi och etnologi
Sammanfattning : This ethnographic study investigates the experiences of those learning tailoring and trading in Freetown, Sierra Leone via apprenticeships, other on-the-job training or Technical and Vocational Education and Training programs (TVET). I examine these forms of occupational training by investigating the practices underway, how knowledge transmission occurs, as well as why learners engage with and what they get out of these activities. LÄS MER
3. Centre-peripheral regional development and human capital distribution: peripheral experience within functional region of StockholmMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Institutionen för kulturgeografi och ekonomisk geografi
Sammanfattning : Studying knowledge-intense regional development from the perspective of classified periphery fills an identified gap in analysis and practice. It illustrates challenges, possibilities, and nuances current trajectory of centre-peripheral development. LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : The scholarly field of Gender and Development is riddled with diverging perceptions of the actual value and meaning of the term Gender and the development strategy of promoting gender equality – Gender Mainstreaming. Taking the social constructivist perspective of discourse analysis, this thesis explores the ways in which different problem representations of gender inequality are produced and reinforced within certain policy domains in the gender mainstreaming approach of the Rwandan government. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Malmö universitet/Malmö högskola/Institutionen för konst, kultur och kommunikation (K3)
Sammanfattning : Donor-funded economic and development assistance for various countries and regions has been steadily increasing in the last half-century. According to the World Bank, the funding amount provided by this organisation has increased more than 40 times from 4.6 billion USD to 166 billion USD in a 58-year span (World Bank, 2018). LÄS MER