Sökning: "Ecosystem Restoration"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 55 uppsatser innehållade orden Ecosystem Restoration.
1. Ekologiska restaureringsåtgärders påverkan på unga trädplantor : bränning och luckhuggnings effekt på unga trädplantorKandidat-uppsats, SLU/Dept. of Forest Ecology and Management
Sammanfattning : Biodiversity is fundamental for a stable and functional ecosystem. However, studies have shown that biodiversity in Sweden is slowly declining due to modern forestry. This needs to be changed and ecological restoration can prevent further biodiversity loss. LÄS MER
2. Tree stump manipulation - An experimental method to accelerate decomposition in tree stumps to compensate for the shortfall in dead wood substrateKandidat-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för kulturvård
Sammanfattning : Current forestry exploits put a lot of strain on the global ecosystem that all life on earth depends on. Boreal natural dynamic forest environments are turned into sterile clear-cut areas. Forestry exploits also affect the biodiversity by extracting substantial amounts of dead wood substrate. LÄS MER
3. Towards Regenerative (Agri)Cultures. An ethnographic case study of integrated socio-ecological restoration at the Hof Lebensberg community farm, GermanyMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/LUCSUS
Sammanfattning : Agriculture is today the human activity most vulnerable to Climate Change, and one of its leading causes. Regenerative Agriculture offers powerful tools to restore ecosystems, without sacrificing abundant food production; nevertheless, a systematic adoption of such practices is incompatible with the existing economic structures and calls for a radical societal change. LÄS MER
4. Nutrients and biota in a lake system before and after restoration; a data analysis of the Swedish eutrophication case study VäxjösjönMagister-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Institutionen för geovetenskaper
Sammanfattning : Eutrophication has proven to be a fundamental ecological problem for lakes and other bodies of water all around the world. The process of eutrophication can be defined as a lake containing increasing concentrations of nutrients from external and/or internal input over time. LÄS MER
5. Biodiversity and habitat conditions in reaches with high flow velocity along gradients in hydrological and geomorphological alteration : A study of six rivers in SwedenMaster-uppsats, Umeå universitet/Institutionen för ekologi, miljö och geovetenskap
Sammanfattning : The vast majority of rivers in the developed world are affected by human alteration, which in turn negatively affects the species that rely on these highly diverse and species rich areas to survive. Homogenization of previously heterogenic areas due to a change in water discharge and the substrate availability in the rivers is often regarded as the main reason for the loss of species richness in rivers and the riparian zone. LÄS MER