Sökning: "Edward Anderson"
Hittade 5 uppsatser innehållade orden Edward Anderson.
1. Formation Within the Nation : Migration and Marginalization in Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie's AmericanahKandidat-uppsats, Södertörns högskola/Engelska
Sammanfattning : Migration and its consequences are often discussed in contemporary postcolonial discussions. This topic of migration is central in Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie’s Americanah. Adichie’s portrayal of the migrating subject has placed her in the center of the Afropolitan discussion about transnational Africans and their right to represent. LÄS MER
2. Moder Svea eller hora? : En diskursanalys av kvinnliga NMR-sympatisörers texter om kvinnans roll i politikenKandidat-uppsats, Högskolan i Gävle/Svenska språket och genusvetenskap
Sammanfattning : This essay explores ten articles or letters to the editor, written by women who sympathize with the Swedish extreme right-wing party Nordic Resistance Movement. The purpose of the essay is to examine what arguments women bring forward to explain their commitment to the movement, despite its misogynist roots. LÄS MER
3. Can the Author of ’Can the Subaltern Speak’ Act? : Spivaks essä i relation till ’French theory’ i USAKandidat-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Institutionen för idé- och lärdomshistoria
Sammanfattning : The purpose of this bachelor thesis is to analyze some aspects of the historical surroundings in which Gayatri Chakravorty Spivak wrote her famous essay ”Can the Subaltern Speak?”. From a historical perspective, inspired by Quentin Skinner, I examine how Spivak in a context of French theory in U.S. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Stockholms universitet/Filmvetenskap
Sammanfattning : The aim of this thesis is to discuss how themes of nationalism, mourning and death can be implemented in a film such as American Sniper to reproduce the idea of nation states as well as enforce nationalism. Through a close analysis of chosen sequences in the film the thesis presents a mode of looking at film, rooted in the given themes, which will help analyzing similar films with these reoccurring themes. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för globala studier
Sammanfattning : Over the last decades, it is possible to recognize how global mobility and migration hascreated diverse and multi-ethnic societies. In the Swedish football scene this can be seen inthe existing diversity amongst the professional football players and amongst the supporterswhere varied ethnicities and backgrounds are represented. LÄS MER