Sökning: "Effective policy instruments"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 39 uppsatser innehållade orden Effective policy instruments.
1. Gender inequalities in local policies tackling the right to adequate housing : The example of Barcelona through Carol Bacchi’s ‘What’s the Problem Represented to be?’ approachMagister-uppsats, Umeå universitet/Umeå centrum för genusstudier (UCGS)
Sammanfattning : The right to adequate housing is an unaccomplished human right, and unequal power relations between men and women are also perpetuated when trying to access decent housing even in the most prosperous global cities such as Barcelona. The aim of this research study has been to show how housing is represented and produced by the Barcelona City Council and which are the gendering effects and implications thereof. LÄS MER
2. Symbiosis in the making? Evaluating EU’s engagement with Civil Society Organisations in Colombia. A Civilian Power Europe perspectiveKandidat-uppsats, Malmö universitet/Kultur och samhälle
Sammanfattning : In recent years, EU’s development policy has undergone wide-ranging reform with the leading principle of responding to the circumstances and demands of the current world, but also for the sake of alignment to the UN 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development. In line with the reasoning that an empowered civil society can help in the exercise of EU’s development policy and in the pursuit of development policy goals, the organisation has formed a strategy of engagement with CSOs in its external relations. LÄS MER
3. Pest or Pleasure? An Evaluation of Urban Insect Conservation Governance – Cases from Hamburg & MalmöMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Internationella miljöinstitutet
Sammanfattning : Insects play vital roles in almost every ecosystem and have high ecological, social as well as economic value. Human activity -most critical in urban environments- profoundly stress insect populations and habitats, regardless of their known benefits to society. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : Environmental risks are one of the top three threats to human population, according to WorldEconomic Forum. It is known that human activities are important contributor to environmental disasters, and for decades policy makers have tried to address this problem. One of the instruments for protecting the environment are international agreements. LÄS MER
5. Revisiting the sermon, carrot and stick theory – En komparativ fallstudie över implementering av styrmedel för plastbärkassar utifrån EU-direktiv i Sverige, Storbritannien och FrankrikeKandidat-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : The consumption of plastic bags is a global problem that leads to increased concentration of plastic in the world oceans. In 2014, annual consumption of plastic carrier bags amounted to around 100 billion in the EU, which corresponds to an average of about 200 bags per person per year, of which many plastic bags are used only once and/or end up as waste in nature. LÄS MER