Sökning: "Energy-water nexus"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 6 uppsatser innehållade orden Energy-water nexus.
1. A nexus in crisis: How Brazil’s push for energy security through sugarcane-based ethanol is affecting its water securityMaster-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Institutionen för geovetenskaper
Sammanfattning : As reliance on energy and water resources grow, so do the concerns regarding their security, especially in terms of availability. A projected rise in population, accompanied by the relentless pursuit of economic growth and increasing climate change, indicate that greater stress will be placed on these same resources. LÄS MER
2. Utilizing geothermal heat and membrane distillation for sustainable greenhouse horticulture in Alberta, Canada: a multi-criteria analysisMaster-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Naturresurser och hållbar utveckling
Sammanfattning : Growing populations are contributing to resource scarcity, making it ever more important for governments to address resource challenges in a holistic and integrated manner. Energy, water and food are examples of these critical resources, and the province of Alberta in Canada faces an interesting opportunity to tackle all three in tandem. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Lunds universitet/LUCSUS
Sammanfattning : By 2050, sixty percent of human population worldwide is going to live in cities. This will increase natural resource consumption to provide products and services in cities. Additionally, current policy making is done through a silo thinking mindset where unintended consequences can undermine natural resources availability. LÄS MER
4. The challenges and Opportunities of the Grand Renaissance Dam for sustainable Energy - Water - Food - Ecosystem services Nexus in Ethiopia.Master-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Institutionen för geovetenskaper
Sammanfattning : Ethiopia has been challenged by multidimensional poverty. However, it has the potential to minimize the threat through an integrated multipurpose development process. In this regard, hydropower has a significant role to reduce energy poverty and enhance the multipurpose use of natural resources efficiency. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, KTH/Energisystemanalys
Sammanfattning : Impacts of human agency have become a major driver in the Earth System, with magnitude comparable to that of natural occurring global processes. Several earth system processes are under substantial pressure. These human induced pressures are likely to increase, potentially leading to undesirable changes at planetary scale. LÄS MER