Sökning: "English feminism"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 33 uppsatser innehållade orden English feminism.
1. PUNK FROM THE PERSPECTIVE OF THE SECOND SEX; An anthropological study of gender roles and gender equality in the Swedish punk scene in 2023Kandidat-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för globala studier
Sammanfattning : This thesis investigates female punk musicians’ experiences of the punk scene in Sweden, focusing on the construction of gender and gender roles among bands of the genre in 2023, as well as the treatment of the minority of female musicians. According to my participants’ beliefs, I also point towards what can still be done to improve gender equality in the Swedish punk scene. LÄS MER
2. Breaking the Bell Jar: Teaching Sylvia Plath’s The Bell Jar and Feminist Literary Criticism to Upper Secondary School StudentsKandidat-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Engelska
Sammanfattning : This paper studies how Sylva Plath’s The Bell Jar can be read from a feminist perspective and, in turn, what some possible benefits and potential risks of teaching the novel and feminist literary criticism to upper secondary school students of English in Sweden are. This paper also discusses how the novel can be a means to discuss the fundamental values of upper secondary school, in terms of equality, but also the topic of mental health. LÄS MER
3. The Manosphere Travels East : Constructing Misogynist Social Identities On a Bulgarian Online PlatformMaster-uppsats, Malmö universitet/Institutionen för konst, kultur och kommunikation (K3)
Sammanfattning : Following a series of terrorist attacks, online communities for men built around misogyny and resistance to feminist values – commonly known as the manosphere – have recently become subject of scholarly attention. In research, the manosphere is usually explored as a phenomenon in the Western world, often described as a backlash movement in countries where gender equality is most progressive. LÄS MER
4. Jämställdhet som utrikespolitiskt vapen : Propaganda som gränsskapande praktik i narrativ om Sverige irysk statskontrollerad medias nyhetsrapporteringKandidat-uppsats, Mittuniversitetet/Institutionen för humaniora och samhällsvetenskap
Sammanfattning : The purpose of this study is to examine Russia's foreign and security policy towards Sweden, as bordering practices, in the state-controlled media's international news reporting on gender equality. To achieve this goal the following two questions were formulated: 1) which narratives about gender equality can be read from English-language news articles about Sweden from the Russian state-controlled news company Sputnik News? and 2) in what ways do these narratives function as bordering practices? Utilizing critical border theory and both narrative analysis and strategic narrative analysis this study's results confirm previous research in several ways. LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, Högskolan i Gävle/Engelska
Sammanfattning : This paper aims to show how Brave New World, a dystopia by Aldous Huxley, has strong postcolonial traces within it. Edward Said's concept of Orientalism and Gayatri Spivak's analyses of Bertha Mason, the fictional representation of the colonial female subject in nineteenth-century English literature, tie up the similarities in how the Reservation and Linda are portrayed within the book. LÄS MER