Sökning: "English learner"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 102 uppsatser innehållade orden English learner.
- Kandidat-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för språk och litteraturer
Sammanfattning : This study investigates how students communicate in writing when they know thattheir conversational partner is a human being in comparison to how they communicate whenthey know their partner is a chatbot. The participants are upper secondary students of English. LÄS MER
2. An Error Analysis of Subject-Verb Agreement by Swedish Learners of English : Corpus-Based Study of the Difficulties Surrounding Subject-Verb Agreement for Swedish StudentsKandidat-uppsats, Högskolan i Gävle/Avdelningen för humaniora
Sammanfattning : This study investigates subject-verb agreement errors produced by students in upper secondary school in Sweden. The research was conducted in an attempt to understand why students acquiring English as their L2 struggle with learning subject-verb agreement, and to categorize the grammatical environments which cause students to produce errors related to subject-verb agreement. LÄS MER
3. A pedagogical waste of time or a vital necessity : A qualitative study investigating teacher attitudes toward explicit grammar instruction in L2 learnersMagister-uppsats, Stockholms universitet/Engelska institutionen
Sammanfattning : The topic of explicit grammar instruction has been and still is debated within the SLA (second language acquisition) discourse community in terms of efficacy and place within second language education (Ellis, 2014, Norris & Ortega, 2000). A vast amount of international research has been conducted and has found positive evidence for explicit grammar instruction in L2 classrooms; however, on a national level, while available for the subject of Swedish, the amount of established research about explicit grammar instruction in English classrooms is scarce. LÄS MER
4. The Effects of Participation Structure on Incidental and Intentional L2-English Vocabulary Acquisition During a Reading TaskKandidat-uppsats,
Sammanfattning : Participation structure can affect how language learners approach different aspects of a language, such as vocabulary acquisition. Collaboration is often regarded as being more beneficial than working alone, as it allows a learner to gain new ideas and knowledge from others. However, previous research has shown mixed results. LÄS MER
5. English spelling errors in Swedish high school : An investigation of English spelling errors among Swedish high school students and their possible causesKandidat-uppsats, Högskolan i Gävle/Avdelningen för humaniora
Sammanfattning : This study investigates spelling errors among Swedish students of English. The purpose of this research is to develop a better understanding of the causes of spelling errors and to investigate whether there are any differences between program orientation and gender. The participants are English A students from Swedish high schools in year 1. LÄS MER