Sökning: "Ethnic boundaries"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 28 uppsatser innehållade orden Ethnic boundaries.
- Kandidat-uppsats, Malmö universitet/Lärande och samhälle
Sammanfattning : The purpose of this study is to examine conception of identity in the early 19th century Sweden, and how it is reflected in domestic traveling. The study aims to answer questions regarding which identities are to be found in the material, and why. LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Juridiska institutionen; Lunds universitet/Juridiska fakulteten
Sammanfattning : ISIS has committed horrible crimes to people in their “caliphate”, especially towards ethnic minorities and women. Their actions are according to the UN Independent Commission of Inquiry considered to constitute crimes against humanity, war crimes and genocide. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Sociologi
Sammanfattning : The aim of this study is to explore the identity work of members of the Faroese diaspora in Copenhagen from a sociological perspective. Building on a symbolic interactionist view of social interaction, I explore the strategies of presentation of self in a diasporic environment, in which members adapt their role performances according to ongoing changes to rules of interaction. LÄS MER
4. Kurdish Guests or Syrian Refugees? : Negotiating Displacement, Identity and Belonging in the Kurdistan RegionMaster-uppsats, Linköpings universitet/REMESO - Institutet för forskning om migration, etnicitet och samhälle
Sammanfattning : With the conflict ongoing in Syria since 2011, many Syrian Kurds have been forced to leave their homes to seek safety and security in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq (KRI). Their displacement to KRI is a distinctive experience of migration as it has happened within an intra-ethnic setting of Syrian Kurds, as refugees, encountering Iraqi Kurds, as hosts. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Malmö universitet/Kultur och samhälle
Sammanfattning : The aim of this thesis is to explore the modalities of Swedish urban policy in its approach to urban segregation. By using a diachronic discourse analytic approach inspired by Foucault, I attempt to reconstruct the narrative of urban policy by looking at the problematizations of urban phenomena in urban programmes extending over the course of two decades. LÄS MER