Sökning: "European Parliament elections"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 70 uppsatser innehållade orden European Parliament elections.
1. KÄNSLOR SOM ENGAGERARKandidat-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : Turnout in European Parliament elections are generally lower than in national elections, which is a democratic challenge. While previous research has established an association between affective polarization and turnout levels in national elections in several European multiparty systems, the question remains as to whether affective polarization might also increase turnout in European Parliament elections. LÄS MER
2. Bortom EU-spelets regler : Politiska kunskaper om EU i läroböcker och dess möjliggörande till politiskt deltagandeUppsats för yrkesexamina på avancerad nivå, Uppsala universitet/Institutionen för pedagogik, didaktik och utbildningsstudier
Sammanfattning : Sweden is a member of the European Union and Sweden’s turn-out in the elections to the European Parliament is low compared to its own national elections. Earlier research in the field of didactics in civics regarding the EU have mostly focused on aspects of civic education such as which subject content teachers teach and what knowledge they test their students on. LÄS MER
3. Uppfylls vallöften i EU? : En jämförande studie av de svenska riksdagspartiernas uppfyllnadsgrad av vallöften inför Europaparlamentsvalet 2014Master-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : The European Parliament elections have since the 1980's been described as 'second-order national elections', which, among other things, means that they are less important to both political parties and to voters. Scholars have often described political parties as a weak link between the European Union and its citizens. LÄS MER
4. From Consolidation to Democratic Erosion: The Case of Hungary : A Qualitative Theory Consuming Case Study on Democratic Backsliding in HungaryKandidat-uppsats, Linnéuniversitetet/Institutionen för statsvetenskap (ST)
Sammanfattning : The rapid decline of democracy in Hungary has been one of the EU's most challenging phenomena. The Hungarian parliamentary elections in 2010 saw Viktor Orban's Fidesz party rise to prominence and win a majority in the Hungarian parliament. LÄS MER
5. When Political Interest is not Enough: A quantitative study on what deterred politically interested citizens from voting in the 2019 European Parliamentary electionMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : The European Union (EU) has long suffered from a democratic deficit, something that has been highlighted many times by politicians, media and citizens alike. The EU has in turn tried to better its democratic standing by increasing the power of the European Parliament (EP) through the Treaty of Lisbon in 2009. LÄS MER