Sökning: "Eutrophication mitigation."
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 17 uppsatser innehållade orden Eutrophication mitigation..
1. Seaweed with several benefits A qualitative study about companies’ interest in an environmental project of seaweed cultivations and important factors to consider when formulating a sustainable value proposition of the concept.Kandidat-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Företagsekonomiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : Climate change calls for urgent responsibility, not at least from companies, and limitingactivities is vital to not suppress Earth's systems. Carbon offsetting is a short-term solutionused by companies to lower its environmental impact, but new innovations are needed.Multiple researchers have stated several environmental benefits with seaweed, e.g. LÄS MER
2. Initial nutrient retention capacity in a constructed wetland : Evaluating the effectiveness of a newly constructed wetland to reduce eutrophication symptoms in a Baltic Sea bay in northern SwedenMaster-uppsats, Umeå universitet/Institutionen för ekologi, miljö och geovetenskap
Sammanfattning : Since the turn of the last century, a substantial increase in nutrient load to the Baltic Sea is apparent. Adding the ongoing environmental change with raising temperatures and increased precipitation, this will continue to have a prominent environmental impact on our coastal ecosystems, especially in northern latitudes. LÄS MER
3. Efforts for eutrophication mitigation on the Santa Lucía River Basin: farmers’ experiences, attitudes and motivationsMaster-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Institutionen för geovetenskaper
Sammanfattning : Anthropogenic eutrophication has become an issue of foremost importance in water bodies all around the globe. Nutrients coming from agricultural activities have been identified as one main contributor to this problem. Technologies and inovations (Best Management Practices, BMPs) have been designed for mitigating agricultural impact on water bodies. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Institutionen för geovetenskaper
Sammanfattning : Negative effects on water quality are created by eutrophication of the world’s water resources. Mitigation measures have been implemented, but poor improvements in water quality have been observed. Two-stage ditches have the possibility to increase nutrient and sediment retention to reduce eutrophication in receiving water bodies. LÄS MER
5. Is blue mussel farming a potential mitigation tool to combat eutrophication in the Baltic Sea? A synthesis based on stakeholder interviewsMaster-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Institutionen för geovetenskaper
Sammanfattning : The Baltic Sea is the most polluted sea in the world. Its hydrological conditions and ongoing eutrophication are a high threat for marine biodiversity and ecosystems. Additionally, eutrophication has negative effects on the wellbeing of countries and their societies in the Baltic Sea Region (BSR). LÄS MER