Sökning: "Exchange-rate regime"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 15 uppsatser innehållade orden Exchange-rate regime.
1. Exchange-rate regimes and economic recovery : A cross-sectional study of the growth performance following the 2008 financial crisisMaster-uppsats, Södertörns högskola/Nationalekonomi
Sammanfattning : This paper applies a cross-sectional regression analysis of 83 countries over the period 2009-11 in order to examine the role played by the exchange-rate regime in explaining how countries fared in terms of economic growth recovery following the recent financial crisis. After controlling for income categorization, regime classification, using alternative regime definitions, and accounting for various other determinants, the paper finds a significant relationship between the regime choice and the recovery performance, where those countries with more flexible arrangements fared better. LÄS MER
2. Does the choice of exchange-rate regime effect economic growth? : A study across different levels of country developmentKandidat-uppsats, Södertörns högskola/Institutionen för samhällsvetenskaper
Sammanfattning : Does the choice of exchange-rate regime effect the economic growth performance of a country? And does the significance of such a relationship vary across different levels of development? Few questions in international economics, whether it be in academic or policy circles, have inspired as much debate yielding as little consensus. Although both economic growth theory and empirical literatures suggests the existence of direct and indirect channels, through which the choice of regime may indeed impinge the growth rate, neither has managed to provide an unambiguous answer. LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, Södertörns högskola/Institutionen för samhällsvetenskaper
Sammanfattning : This paper is written to address the problem of having floating or fixed exchange rates. My results showed that between 2008 and 2009, having a free floating exchange rate actually worsened the percentage change in GDP per capita by -2.58331 %. LÄS MER
4. The Power of the Exchange Rate: A Study of the Role of Exchange Rates in Economic Growth and Crisis Recovery in Denmark, Sweden and Finland 1985-2013Magister-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Ekonomisk-historiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : Financial crises are recurring phenomena and studying how economic parameters affect outcome and recovery processes will most likely remain an area of intense research also in the years to come. The scope of this paper circulates around the causes and effects of two crises in the period 1985-2013 and their separate effects on the economies of Denmark, Sweden and Finland. LÄS MER
- Magister-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för nationalekonomi med statistik
Sammanfattning : Argentina had a fixed exchange rate until January 2002 when the Argentinean banks allowed the peso to trade freely due to all the economic problems that the country underwent. This prompts us to find the impact of different macroeconomic variables on net export before and after an exchange rate regime change. LÄS MER