Sökning: "Extramural English EE"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 16 uppsatser innehållade orden Extramural English EE.
1. Exploring upper-secondary EFL students’ willingness to communicate in a Swedish context : An empirical study on Swedish students’ reported attitudes on oral communication in the English classroomMaster-uppsats, Högskolan Dalarna/Engelska
Sammanfattning : Oral communication is a central aspect of language learning in EFL-classrooms all over the world. Therefore, problems arise when students are passive, or unwilling to communicate and participate. The aim of this study is to investigate what factors impact Swedish upper secondary students’ willingness to communicate using self-reported data. LÄS MER
2. English Outside the Classroom : A study of the impact of Extramural English on students' receptive skillsKandidat-uppsats,
Sammanfattning : This study sets out to investigate whether and to what extent activities involving Extramural English (EE) have an impact on how students in the sixth and ninth year of the Swedish school-system perform on the national tests of listening and reading comprehension issued by the National Agency for Education. In order to test this, the students participating were asked to fill out a questionnaire asking about their contacts with English outside of the classroom environment and were then administered old national tests of reading and listening comprehension as part of their regular classroom instruction. LÄS MER
- Uppsats för yrkesexamina på grundnivå, Malmö universitet/Fakulteten för lärande och samhälle (LS); Malmö universitet/Fakulteten för lärande och samhälle (LS)
Sammanfattning : The following study investigates teachers’ perception of extramural English (EE) activities as an in-class learning material connected to pupils’ motivation to speak English. We have witnessed during our teacher training program pupils being reluctant towards English speaking activities in school. LÄS MER
4. Bringing the outside to the inside : Incorporating pupil’s knowledge of extramural English in teaching English to young learnersUppsats för yrkesexamina på grundnivå, Högskolan Dalarna/Pedagogiskt arbete
Sammanfattning : In Sweden today, the English language is a part of our everyday lives. This means that from very young ages, children encounter the language in many different ways, media being one of the most common. This thesis aims to research if and how teachers in F-3 include this type of English in their teaching of English as a foreign language (EFL). LÄS MER
5. Extramural English and young learners’ confidence in speaking English : A mixed-method study on the effects of extramural English on young learners’ confidenceUppsats för yrkesexamina på avancerad nivå, Luleå tekniska universitet/Institutionen för konst, kommunikation och lärande
Sammanfattning : This study was carried out in two locations in the northernmost part of Sweden, in two different primary schools, one in a village in a rural area and one in a mid-sized city. A mix of methods was used, including interviews, questionnaires and logbooks. A total of 37 pupils in year 3 of the Swedish primary school system took part in the study. LÄS MER