Sökning: "Food and Nutrition Security"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 19 uppsatser innehållade orden Food and Nutrition Security.
- Kandidat-uppsats, SLU/Dept. of Animal Nutrition and Management
Sammanfattning : In Sub- Saharan Africa 222 million people suffer from undernourishment, making it the region with the highest prevalence of undernourishment in the world. The prevalence of household livestock ownership is high in the region, making livestock’s influence on undernourishment and food security an interesting aspect to further examine. LÄS MER
2. The contribution of Land Use Consolidation policy to food and nutrition security of women farmers : a case study of the farmers involved in potato farming, food availability in Nyabihu district, RwandaMaster-uppsats, SLU/Dept. of Urban and Rural Development
Sammanfattning : The overgrowing population in Rwanda and the persistent fragmentation of households’ plots induced the land use designs to be restructured. The Government of Rwanda introduced the Land Use Consolidation (LUC) policy to manage land fragmentation, and shift from subsistence to a market oriented agriculture. LÄS MER
3. Knocking on the door : a study on nutritional education and women’s empowerment on household level in rural TanzaniaMaster-uppsats, SLU/Dept. of Urban and Rural Development
Sammanfattning : In Sub-Saharan Africa, food is often prepared by women, by mothers, grandmothers, daughters, sisters or sisters-in-law. Despite their crucial role in household food security women in developing countries are generally disempowered and they have low decision-making power. LÄS MER
4. Crop production upgrading strategies and their role for household food security in Chamwino District, TanzaniaMaster-uppsats, SLU/Dept. of Urban and Rural Development
Sammanfattning : Food insecurity is still a challenge affecting many people in the world, whereby the majority live in developing countries in Southern Asia and Sub-Saharan Africa. In Sub-Saharan Africa, many who are food insecure are poor smallholder farmers in rural areas who depend on rain-fed agriculture for food and income. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Institutionen för arkeologi och antik historia
Sammanfattning : The thesis explores contradictions that farmers see between current mode of production, and how they imagine that modes of production would need to change if there were no fossil fuels. Based on qualitative interviews with farmers, the aim of the study is to contribute to a discussion on strategies to increase the farms’ capabilities to produce food without fossil fuels. LÄS MER