Sökning: "Forced Migration"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 64 uppsatser innehållade orden Forced Migration.
1. Beyond the dichotomies of a coercion and voluntary recruitment, Afghan unaccompanied minors unveil their recruitment process in IranMaster-uppsats, Stockholms universitet/Avdelningen för mellanösternstudier
Sammanfattning : By shedding light on accounts from unaccompanied Afghan asylum-seeking minors in Sweden who were child soldiers in Syria, this thesis explores and examines their narratives and their involvement in the civil war in Syria. The research aims to create a deeper understanding of how these children themselves made sense of their participation in the war by answering the following questions: How were the children approached by the recruiters? What kind of reasons for joining the war are put forward by the recruiters and what strategies do the children encounter: a) economic; b) identity formation; c) social deprivation; d) feeling of vulnerability; e) militarization; f) mental development; g) ideology/ religious-sectarian; or all together? How do the children perceive these encounters and make sense of their recruitment to the Shiite Fatemiyoun Brigade? To which extent has the ideology of Shi’ism played an important role for them in joining the Syrian War? This is a qualitative study based on in-depth interviews which combines procedures from two approaches and techniques: an ethnographic approach and a narrative approach that explores the interviewees’ experiences in a period of time and also generates detailed insights. LÄS MER
2. What would we come back to? : Decision-making about return and repatriation by Burmese migrants and refugees in Northern ThailandMaster-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Teologiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : This research focuses on the special considerations and reasons for Burmese migrants and refugees from Burma living in Mae Sot, Tak province, Northern Thailand to stay in Thailand or return to Burma/Myanmar. The researcher has more than three-years of experience of living and working in Northern Thailand. LÄS MER
3. Formation Within the Nation : Migration and Marginalization in Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie's AmericanahKandidat-uppsats, Södertörns högskola/Engelska
Sammanfattning : Migration and its consequences are often discussed in contemporary postcolonial discussions. This topic of migration is central in Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie’s Americanah. Adichie’s portrayal of the migrating subject has placed her in the center of the Afropolitan discussion about transnational Africans and their right to represent. LÄS MER
4. “I’m surprised that I survived all these years” : An Exploratory Study of the Experiences of LGBT Asylum Seekers.Uppsats för yrkesexamina på avancerad nivå, Stockholms universitet/Psykologiska institutionen; Stockholms universitet/Psykologiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : Research on forced migration has largely ignored asylum seekers from sexual and gender minorities. This exploratory study aimed to examine both positive and negative experiences of LGBT asylum seekers who had migrated to Sweden. LÄS MER
5. Kurdish Guests or Syrian Refugees? : Negotiating Displacement, Identity and Belonging in the Kurdistan RegionMaster-uppsats, Linköpings universitet/REMESO - Institutet för forskning om migration, etnicitet och samhälle
Sammanfattning : With the conflict ongoing in Syria since 2011, many Syrian Kurds have been forced to leave their homes to seek safety and security in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq (KRI). Their displacement to KRI is a distinctive experience of migration as it has happened within an intra-ethnic setting of Syrian Kurds, as refugees, encountering Iraqi Kurds, as hosts. LÄS MER