Sökning: "Future Food Systems"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 151 uppsatser innehållade orden Future Food Systems.
1. Dynamics of net primary production and food availability in the aftermath of the 2004 and 2007 desert locust outbreaks in Niger and YemenMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Institutionen för naturgeografi och ekosystemvetenskap
Sammanfattning : The knowledge of desert locust plagues goes back to biblical times but it is just as relevant in 2020 with an ongoing outbreak in East Africa and the Middle East. The locusts pose a threat to agriculture, and by extent food availability, due to their high appetite, diverse diet and ability to migrate long distances in large swarms. LÄS MER
2. Techno-economic Analysis and Market Potential Study of Solar Heat in Industrial Processes : A Fresnel Direct Steam Generation case studyMaster-uppsats, KTH/Skolan för industriell teknik och management (ITM)
Sammanfattning : The industrial sector not only has a big contribution to global emissions but also a low share of renewable energy for heat demand. Knowing that most of the energy consumption in industry is heat and that half of it is at medium-low temperature (below 400 ºC), it is a great market for the integration of solar thermal technologies. LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, SLU/Department of Molecular Sciences
Sammanfattning : To provide healthy food and livelihoods to a growing population on Earth, while environmental issues becoming more adverse, as well as climate change becoming more critical, is one of today’s greatest challenges. By 2015 the United Nations come up with 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDG’s) to tackle global challenges as poverty, global hunger, climate resilience, population growth control, achieving food security, and promotion of sustainable agriculture. LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, SLU/Dept. of Ecology
Sammanfattning : Materially closed life support systems containing biological components that provide atmosphere, food and water for a human crew has been investigated for use in space travel since the 1960s. The internal cycling of organic material is the essence of these systems and their design and function is the question at issue for this thesis, which has been conducted as a literature study. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, KTH/Skolan för arkitektur och samhällsbyggnad (ABE)
Sammanfattning : The Stockholm Archipelago has a unique natural landscape - rugged nature that blends with wooded islands, rocky cliffs and sandy beaches enriched by cultural and ecological values. The islands, dating back to the Viking Age are faced with a progressively uneven growth compared to the city developing an inevitable socio-economic dependency on the city core through infrastructural connections. LÄS MER