Sökning: "GENDER MARKERS"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 30 uppsatser innehållade orden GENDER MARKERS.
1. Challenging Adamant Norms : An analysis of the portrayal of childhood and gender in the Handbook for Superheroes booksMagister-uppsats, Linköpings universitet/Tema Barn
Sammanfattning : Children’s literature is one of many important influences of childhood socialization and teaches children about contemporary society. Therefore, it is important to understand what messages children’s literature convey. LÄS MER
2. Differentiated vulnerabilities and capacities for adaptation: A case study on household adaptation to water shortage in GaboroneMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Avdelningen för Riskhantering och Samhällssäkerhet
Sammanfattning : Provision of freshwater to urban residents remains a significant global challenge. A challenge whose impendent success in many regions is further threatened by climate change and urbanization projections, subsequently increasing the pressure on urban water supply. LÄS MER
3. The Superman Speaks and the Wonder Woman Keeps Quiet : Men and Women's Speech in Contemporary Superhero MoviesUppsats för yrkesexamina på grundnivå, Högskolan i Jönköping/Högskolan för lärande och kommunikation
Sammanfattning : This qualitative study aims to investigate how gender is reflected through language in the two superhero movies Wonder Woman and Man of Steel. Emphasis is put on five linguistic markers that have been found to differ between female and male speakers. These markers are: amount of speech, interruptions, questions, minimal responses and hedges. LÄS MER
- Uppsats för yrkesexamina på grundnivå, Karlstads universitet/Institutionen för pedagogiska studier (from 2013)
Sammanfattning : The purpose of this study is to discover and analyse the gender stereotypes presented in a selection of books where the characters are gender neutral animals or figures, based on the fact that as a reader you cannot distinguish by the cover or the icon text if the characters are of the male or female sex. The books have been analysed with a qualitative image and text analysis from a gender perspective. LÄS MER
5. "A Jerusalemite Armenian. That's a thing of its own" : A Case Study about Identity, Agency and Structure among Armenian womenMaster-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Teologiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : This thesis is an analyses of interviews and observations in the Armenian quarter of Jerusalem. It explores the identity and agency of twelve women in a patriarchal context. A context furthermore marked by religion and several conflicts. The aim is to increase knowledge about this unique environment. LÄS MER