Sökning: "Gender Disparity"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 25 uppsatser innehållade orden Gender Disparity.
- Master-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för pedagogik och specialpedagogik
Sammanfattning : Aim: This single case qualitative study addresses the girl child education, focusing onparents' perceptions of the girl child enrolment into elementary school and factorsthat might have contributed to gender disparity in education which remains aproblem in Kano state Nigeria.Theory: In order to understand gender disparity in education, the theoretical lens hasfeminist epistemology as its point of departure, which focuses on understandingthe oppression experienced by women to proffer solutions leading to change in allendeavours of life that leads to equal opportunities for all. LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för språk och litteraturer
Sammanfattning : Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie’s contemporary literary works have prominently engaged with diasporic experiences, migration, and gender disparity,among other issues that fit under the umbrella of postcolonial literature. This essay aims to further explorethe representation of ‘the African woman’in three stories found in Adichie’s story collectionThe Thing Around Your Neck,namely ‘Imitation’, ‘The Thing Around Your Neck’, and ‘Jumping Monkey Hill’. LÄS MER
3. Why do female entrepreneurs decide to exit their ventures? : A qualitative study on the entrepreneurial exit decisions of female entrepreneurs in Sweden.Uppsats för yrkesexamina på avancerad nivå, Umeå universitet/Företagsekonomi
Sammanfattning : There are fewer female entrepreneurs than their male counterparts worldwide. This disparity persists even in countries like Sweden with the highest gender equality index scores and therefore presumed to be more gender equal. Moreover, women are underrepresented in the entrepreneurship literature. LÄS MER
4. Investigating Gender Disparity within Cyber Security : Analysis of Possible Factors Through a Mixed- Method Qualitative Study and a Self- Implemented Testing ProgramKandidat-uppsats, KTH/Skolan för elektroteknik och datavetenskap (EECS)
Sammanfattning : The importance of cyber security is rapidly increasing. At the same time, too few cyber security professionals are educated in order to fulfill industrial needs. Women are a minority within information technology and account for an even smaller number of people within cyber security itself. LÄS MER
5. Gender dynamics in media-driven belief polarization - disentangling reinforcing processes behind media usage and perception of societal issuesMaster-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för journalistik, medier och kommunikation
Sammanfattning : In academia as well as in mainstream media, people are voicing concern that a fragmented media environment, entailing an immense increase of alternative media, may motivate selective exposure, in turn leading to increasingly polarized perceptions of society among the public. Consulting the theory of reinforcing spirals (RSM), there is ample evidence for a reciprocal relationship between selective media exposure and sociotropic beliefs – potentially sparking polarization dynamics. LÄS MER