Sökning: "Gender and Migration"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 192 uppsatser innehållade orden Gender and Migration.
- Kandidat-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för språk och litteraturer
Sammanfattning : Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie’s contemporary literary works have prominently engaged with diasporic experiences, migration, and gender disparity,among other issues that fit under the umbrella of postcolonial literature. This essay aims to further explorethe representation of ‘the African woman’in three stories found in Adichie’s story collectionThe Thing Around Your Neck,namely ‘Imitation’, ‘The Thing Around Your Neck’, and ‘Jumping Monkey Hill’. LÄS MER
2. Olika men ändå lika. En jämförelsestudie av konstruktioner, gravgods och ritualer mellan svenska och kontinentaleuropeiska kammargravar under folkvandringstidenKandidat-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Arkeologi
Sammanfattning : The aim of this essay is to compare Migration Period chamber tombs from Central and Western Europe with Migration Period chamber tombs from Sweden, with a specific focus on the constructions, grave goods and traceable rituals in each respective geographical area’s tombs. This comparative study also features three examples of Swedish chamber tombs, located in Högom, Lilla Jored and Lilla Sylta, which are discussed in comparison with the continental chamber tombs, as well as the general view on Swedish chamber tombs. LÄS MER
3. Emigranterna från Sunnerbo härad : Emigrationen från Sunnerbo härads socknar under åren 1880-1889.Kandidat-uppsats, Linnéuniversitetet/Institutionen för kulturvetenskaper (KV)
Sammanfattning : The purpose of this essay is to investigate the emigration from Sunnerbo district, whichis located in western Kronoberg county, during the 1880s. The goal is to find out whothe emigrants were and how and where they planned to emigrate. LÄS MER
4. Restructured heteronormativity : An analysis of Australian Immigration guidelines for assessing LGBT+ asylum seekersKandidat-uppsats, Malmö universitet/Institutionen för globala politiska studier (GPS)
Sammanfattning : This thesis analyses materials – a set of guidelines and a presentation – provided for officials who assess claims related to sexual orientation and gender identity within the Australian government’s Department for Immigration and Border Protection. The analysis is conducted using critical discourse analysis to see if the lexicon shows a white heterosexual bias, and if it does, how the bias is manifested within the guidelines, especially within the context of the gender binary. LÄS MER
- Magister-uppsats, Malmö universitet/Fakulteten för kultur och samhälle (KS)
Sammanfattning : This thesis studied the representation of female circumcision by analysing 32 articles published during the 21st century in The Journal for Midwives, the union journal of the Federation of Finnish Midwives. With critical discourse analysis, through post-colonial feminist theory, the thesis researched the ways the journal is contributing to the creation of readers’ bias regarding circumcised women and their sexuality. LÄS MER