Sökning: "Gene dynamics"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 14 uppsatser innehållade orden Gene dynamics.
1. Anaerobic degradation of volatile fatty acids in continuous biogas reactors at very short hydraulic retention times.Master-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Teknisk mikrobiologi; Lunds universitet/Bioteknik
Sammanfattning : There is an increasing demand for safe, affordable and above allsustainable energy, due to the exhaustion of fossil fuels and increasing greenhousegas emissions. In this context, anaerobic digestion is of growing interest, as it enablesthe production of the versatile renewable energy source biogas from various types oforganic wastes. LÄS MER
2. Pedigree reconstruction reveals large scale movement patterns and population dynamics of wolverines (Gulo gulo) across FennoscandiaMaster-uppsats, SLU/Dept. of Wildlife, Fish and Environmental Studies
Sammanfattning : Dispersal is a biological imperative for many species, facilitating gene flow and influencing population dynamics. Modern landscapes are increasingly fragmented, leaving species that rely on dispersal trapped in ever shrinking areas. LÄS MER
3. Identifying Cell Reprogramming Roadblocks by Modelling Induced Pluripotency with Boolean Networks and Dynamical SystemsMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Institutionen för astronomi och teoretisk fysik; Lunds universitet/Beräkningsbiologi och biologisk fysik
Sammanfattning : The generation of induced pluripotent stem (iPS) cells from differentiated cells is a process of great scientific interest due to the medical potential of such cells. This process (called 'reprogramming' of cells) is however notoriously inefficient and still not very well understood. LÄS MER
4. Utilizing data from a new, quantitative ChIP-sequencing method to investigate the dynamics of histone H3.3Master-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Institutionen för biologisk grundutbildning
Sammanfattning : DNA is a key component of almost all cells, but it is not the sole determinant of the cellular functions and features. A great number of histones, transcription factors and other proteins interact with the DNA, regulating fundamental processes such as DNA accessibility and gene expression. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Institutionen för astronomi och teoretisk fysik; Lunds universitet/Beräkningsbiologi och biologisk fysik
Sammanfattning : Scientists are now able to directly convert one somatic cell type into another using a procedure known as direct lineage reprogramming or transdifferentiation. In this procedure, transcription factors which are important for initiating a rewriting of the gene expressions are introduced in the cell. LÄS MER