Sökning: "Geographical information systems"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 203 uppsatser innehållade orden Geographical information systems.
- Master-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Institutionen för naturgeografi och ekosystemvetenskap
Sammanfattning : Aspects of Error Quantification and Evaluation in Digital Elevation Models for Glacier Surfaces This study explores methods to quantify and evaluate error in digital elevation models (DEMs) built from remotely sensed elevation data of the Hintereisferner glacier. A special focus lies on glacier surfaces because glaciers are often inaccessible for field observations but at the same time prone to measurement errors. LÄS MER
2. Saltwater Intrusion in Fractured Crystalline Bedrock Aquifer. - A Case Study on Koster Islands, SW SwedenMaster-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för geovetenskaper
Sammanfattning : Saltwater intrusion (SWI) is one of the significant threats in many coastal areas, mainly drivenby anthropogenic hazards (over-pumping) and climate change (sea level rise). So far, there havebeen extensive research and techniques to understand and minimize SWI. LÄS MER
3. A Spatial Analysis of Homicide Crime’s Distribution and Association with Deprivation in Stockholm Between 2010-2017Master-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Institutionen för naturgeografi och ekosystemvetenskap
Sammanfattning : A Spatial Analysis of Homicide Crime’s Distribution and Association with Deprivation in Stockholm Between 2010-2017 Homicide crimes are rare events depending on numerous factors and tend to be distributed differently based on geographic location. The use of spatial analysis is substantively important for detecting different predictors in varying geographic areas and for the diffusion process of homicide crimes. LÄS MER
4. Multi-Criteria GIS modelling for optimal alignment of roadway by-passes in the Tlokweng Planning Area, BotswanaMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Institutionen för naturgeografi och ekosystemvetenskap
Sammanfattning : To find the optimal by-pass road alignment in the Tlokweng Planning Area in Botswana, a multi-criteria spatial-based model is developed using the GIS-MCE approach. In respect to the environmental impact assessment (EIA) approach, in this research a set of criteria is classified under 3 themes – economic, environmental and social. LÄS MER
5. Assessing evolution of ice caps in Suðurland, Iceland, in years 1986 - 2014, using multispectral satellite imageryMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Institutionen för naturgeografi och ekosystemvetenskap
Sammanfattning : The study focuses on the application of multispectral satellite imageries in glaciological studies. It aims to assess how the Icelandic glaciers have evolved over the last decades (from the 1980s to 2014). The study area covers Mýrdalsjökull and Eyjafjallajökull ice caps located in Suðurland, Iceland. LÄS MER