Sökning: "Global North"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 389 uppsatser innehållade orden Global North.
1. Drivers of sea level variability using neural networksMaster-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för geovetenskaper
Sammanfattning : Understanding the forcing of regional sea level variability is crucial as many people all over the world live along the coasts and are endangered by extreme sea levels and the global sea level rise. The adding of fresh water into the oceans due to melting of the Earth’s land ice together with thermosteric changes has led to a rise of the global mean sea level with an accelerating rate during the twentieth century. LÄS MER
2. Primary Drivers of Sea Level Variability in the North – Baltic Sea Transition Using Machine LearningMaster-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för geovetenskaper
Sammanfattning : Global mean sea level is rising, however not uniformly. Regional deviations of sea surface height (SSH) are common due to local drivers, including surface winds, ocean density stratifications, vertical land- & crustal movements and more. LÄS MER
3. Exploring the Role of Eco-Communities in Fostering Environmental Stewardship : A Study of Volunteer Tourism at Cloughjordan Eco-VillageMaster-uppsats, Linnéuniversitetet/Institutionen för marknadsföring och turismvetenskap (MTS)
Sammanfattning : In recent years, there has been a shift in interest in travel, toward an increasing interest in sustainable travel and alternative forms of travel. As a result, there is also an interest in research studying these alternative travel concepts. Therefore, this qualitative study looks at experiences in ecovillages, focusing on volunteer workers. LÄS MER
4. Development Studies from a Decolonial Perspective:Discourse Analysis on the OECD Development ReportsKandidat-uppsats, Linnéuniversitetet/Institutionen för samhällsstudier (SS)
Sammanfattning : The concept of development has been extensively researched, and it isa key topic in political and economic international and domestic agendas.Modernization and globalization theories have been the most prevalentanalytical approaches to development, but from a postcolonial and decolonialperspective, these theories are Western-centric, overgeneralized, andoverused. LÄS MER
5. Global Power Structures and the Indigenous Peoples’ RightsKandidat-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : The thesis aims to generate hypotheses about the power structures within the UN Permanent Forum on Indigenous Issues. A comparison of the governing of Indigenous Peoples from the Global North and Global South respectively, is made. Firstly, the representatives in the Forum are counted. In a second step, a discourse analysis is conducted. LÄS MER