Sökning: "Government Outreach"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 12 uppsatser innehållade orden Government Outreach.
1. Unlocking the Potential of Small- and Medium-sized Enterprises through the Climate-neutral Cities Mission | A case study of Malmö and Lund in the Region Skåne, SwedenMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Internationella miljöinstitutet
Sammanfattning : Through the national innovation program Viable Cities, the City of Malmö and the City of Lund in the Region Skåne of southern Sweden have recently undertaken a mission to become climate-neutral by 2030, requiring the commitment and participation of the entire local, urban system in the pursuit and uptake of bottom-up, radical solutions. While small- and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) make up the backbone of the region’s economy, their importance to the mission’s success has not been fully conceptualized, despite evidence indicating that some SMEs are suited for developing radical innovations while others will struggle to decarbonize their business. LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, Linnéuniversitetet/Institutionen för kulturvetenskaper (KV)
Sammanfattning : The library on the beachThe library has been awarded special funding from the government. The goal for this outreach library is to support children in their leisure time and to encourage their reading. The aim has been to investigate the relationship between the purpose of outreach library activities and actual user behavior. LÄS MER
3. The advent of Sustainable Transport in Scotland : The implementation of Glasgow’s Strategic Plans for Cycling and the case of South City WayMaster-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Institutionen för geovetenskaper
Sammanfattning : This study explores the option of stimulating cycling activity as part of the strife of the modern city towards adopting the principles of sustainable development in order to shape the everyday habits of its inhabitants. The case of the city of Glasgow was chosen as an appropriate example of the potential obstacles and benefits which the implementation of cycling policies is attributed with. LÄS MER
4. "We Think Nothing Like This Can Happen Here": Reception, Perception and Response to Risk Communication Among Refugees and Immigrants in SwedenMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Avdelningen för Riskhantering och Samhällssäkerhet
Sammanfattning : Risk communication is recognised as an essential component of crisis preparedness, enabling people at risk to take informed decisions to protect themselves. Research has shown that foreign-born people including refugees and immigrants to a lesser extent than others are reached by the information and are less prepared for crisis, making them particularly vulnerable in crisis situations. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Avdelningen för Riskhantering och Samhällssäkerhet
Sammanfattning : As interest in social vulnerability to hazards grows, more indices are formulated for identifying and mapping population groups that may experience differential consequences from natural hazards. However, less attention has been given to the underlying choices researchers make when creating these indices. LÄS MER