Sökning: "Gravity model of trade"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 155 uppsatser innehållade orden Gravity model of trade.
1. How have the sanctions against Russia and their counter sanctions affected the Russian trade? - An anlaysis of panel data using the gravity modelKandidat-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för nationalekonomi med statistik
Sammanfattning : Economic sanctions are prevalent in the modern world as an alternative to war, instead aiming to maim economic growth and power by hindering trade. In recent times, sanctions have been imposed against many countries, Russia being one of them. Often seen as a response to questionable political and economic acts. LÄS MER
2. FINNS DET EN EUROEFFEKT PÅ HANDELN? - En regressionsanalys av paneldata med gravitationsmodellen.Kandidat-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : This Bachelor thesis’s purpose was to clarify recent questions on the euro effect, the effect that says that two countries who share the euro will trade more with each other, compared to countries that do not share the euro. Some authors have suggested that the euro effect in recent years has been significantly weaker than earlier studies have suggested. LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Nationalekonomiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : The number of EU members implementing the euro, has been continuously increasing since the currency saw the light of day in 1999. One of the main arguments in favor of implementing the euro, or any other common currency for that matter is the expected gains from increased trade flows. LÄS MER
- Magister-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Ekonomisk-historiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : The rapid growth of China’s economic influence in the Economic Community of Western Africa (ECOWAS) in recent decades has raised concerns about its impact on many aspects of economic development in the region. One issue is the potential negative impact on intra-regional trade, as the influx of Chinese imports could harm local industries while the growing commodity exports to China could reinforce resource dependency. LÄS MER
5. The economic logic behind the creation of the Eurasian Economic Union: A gravity model estimationMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Nationalekonomiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : This paper estimates the impact of the processes of the Eurasian integration in the post-Soviet space that led to the creation of the Eurasian Economic Union (EEU) in 2015 over the exports of the member countries and their main partners outside the EEU and its predecessor, the Customs Union (CU). Applying the gravity model technique over the dataset for 1995-2015 obtained from UNESCAP Trade Analytics, it is possible to determine the influence of the CU membership of both exporter and importer countries over the exports of the former after controlling for all the economic, cultural and logistical independent variables and two different types of estimation (OLS and Poisson estimator). LÄS MER