Sökning: "Groundwater management"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 112 uppsatser innehållade orden Groundwater management.
1. Saltwater Intrusion in Fractured Crystalline Bedrock Aquifer. - A Case Study on Koster Islands, SW SwedenMaster-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för geovetenskaper
Sammanfattning : Saltwater intrusion (SWI) is one of the significant threats in many coastal areas, mainly drivenby anthropogenic hazards (over-pumping) and climate change (sea level rise). So far, there havebeen extensive research and techniques to understand and minimize SWI. LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, Umeå universitet/Institutionen för ekologi, miljö och geovetenskap
Sammanfattning : The aim of this study was to evaluate the quality of the groundwater around the Aitik copper mine- one of Europe’s largest copper mine located 15 km outside of Gällivare, Sweden - as well the placement of the groundwater pipes around the area. The study also included a survey of what kind of terms, regarding groundwater that may become relevant in the future for an activity of Aitik’s size and type. LÄS MER
3. Hydrus-1D as a tool to understand contamination of an aquifer: A case study in the Central Valley of CochabambaKandidat-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Teknisk geologi
Sammanfattning : In water resource management, it is of importance to be able to predict how different activities might contaminate aquifers. For this kind of application, numerical modelling of water and solute transport can be a useful tool. LÄS MER
4. Establishment of water protection areas : comparing benefits of protecting groundwater services to agricultural costsMaster-uppsats, SLU/Dept. of Economics
Sammanfattning : In this study, a CBA of expanding a water protection area and imposing more restrictive protection regulations to safeguard a groundwater source used for drinking water supply was performed. The case study area was a location in the Southern part of Sweden. LÄS MER
- Magister-uppsats, Södertörns högskola/Turismvetenskap
Sammanfattning : Tourism is one of the leading industries, in terms of international trading between countries. In addition to receipts received at destinations, international tourism has also generated US$211 billion in exports through international passenger transport services. The study is conducted in Isfahan, a city in center of Iran. LÄS MER