Sökning: "Higgs boson"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 54 uppsatser innehållade orden Higgs boson.
- Magister-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Partikelfysik; Lunds universitet/Fysiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : Accurate estimations of background processes associated with top-quarks are vital to studies concerned with finding new physics at the Large Hadron Collider (LHC)at CERN. Search for Higgs-like bosons in the ATLAS experiment at LHC was performed by optimising the use of b-jet tagging algorithms and improving on tt backgroundmodelling. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, KTH/Fysik
Sammanfattning : In this study, we investigate the feasibility of Feebly Interacting Massive particles (FIMP) as possible candidates to constitute the observed Dark Matter abundance in the universe. FIMPs are particles that couple very feebly with known particles in the Standard Model (SM). LÄS MER
3. Optimization of event selection and fake background estimation in a search for heavy scalars in dilepton final states with the ATLAS detectorMagister-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Partikelfysik; Lunds universitet/Fysiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : The discovery of the Higgs boson h in 2012 further confirmed the remarkable accuracy of the Standard Model (SM). Despite this, some compelling excesses in multi-lepton final states were recorded in both major runs of the Large Hadron Collider (LHC). LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Teoretisk partikelfysik
Sammanfattning : We present a parton-level phenomenological study of triple-Higgs production at leading order in proton-proton collisions at a center-of-mass energy of 100 TeV with an integrated luminosity of 30 ab^-1. This study aims to estimate the prospects for measuring the signal hhh production observable at the Future Circular Collider. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Stockholms universitet/Fysikum
Sammanfattning : This thesis examines how the kinetic properties of pair-produced Higgs bosons depend on whether the process is mediated by particles in the Standard Model or a simplified supersymmetric model. The analysis is based on simulated data made using MadGraph. LÄS MER