Sökning: "High Arctic"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 89 uppsatser innehållade orden High Arctic.
1. Development and Testing of a Hydro-Chemical River MixingModel to Investigate Sources of Carbon and Mercury in the Mackenzie River Basin, CanadaMaster-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Luft-, vatten- och landskapslära
Sammanfattning : Mercury, Hg, is found in Arctic biota in alarming quantity, posing a potential health risk for the local population. It is believed that the large Arctic rivers contribute to this. The Mackenzie River annually transports approximately 325 km3 water to the Arctic Ocean, which is ca 10% of the freshwater received. LÄS MER
2. Regulatory Power Europe - How does the EU’s regulatory impact differ between policy areas in the High North?Master-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : This thesis analyses if and how the EU’s regulatory impact differs between policy areas in the High North. This question will be examined through the lens of the ‘regulatory power Europe’ framework, which is represented by Bradford’s interpretation of the Brussels Effect. LÄS MER
3. Characterization of the fusion protein mNG-Aβ1-42 as a fluorescence reporter probe for amyloid structureMaster-uppsats, Linköpings universitet/Institutionen för fysik, kemi och biologi
Sammanfattning : Alzheimer’s Disease, also called AD, is a horrible, degenerative brain disease that more than 35 million people over the world have. Today, there is no cure for this disease, only treatments that are temporarily relieving the symptoms. The two proteins that is thought to be the main cause of AD is amyloid β (Aβ) and tau. LÄS MER
- Uppsats för yrkesexamina på avancerad nivå, Uppsala universitet/Signaler och system; Uppsala universitet/Signaler och system
Sammanfattning : During environmental research projects in the Arctic region AFRY has come across an unproportionally high number of cases where the navigation of drones have not worked as intended, compared to other regions. The main objective of this thesis is to investigate the cause of these navigational problems and determine the main cause. LÄS MER
5. Investigating Sand Dune Location, Orientation and Geomorphometry Through GEOBIA-Based Mapping: A Case Study in Northern SwedenMaster-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Institutionen för geovetenskaper
Sammanfattning : Climate change has repeatedly been framed as the defining issue of the Anthropocene and with the Arctic changing at unpreceded speed need is high for a profound understanding of the Northern Swedish landscape. Northern Swedish aeolian sand dunes have been impacted by climatic changes throughout time. LÄS MER