Sökning: "History and Archaeology"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 969 uppsatser innehållade orden History and Archaeology.
1. LÖDÖSEHUS: GEOPHYSICAL METHODS FOR DESCRIBING ARCHAEOLOGY AND NEAR-SURFACE GEOLOGY AT THE SITE OF A MEDIEVAL CASTLE IN LÖDÖSE, SW SWEDENMaster-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för geovetenskaper
Sammanfattning : Near-surface geophysics is a well established method for mapping the geological conditionsin the subsurface. The use of geophysics is also a commonly used method in archaeologicalsurveys, although traditionally not as much in Sweden. LÄS MER
2. Out of Sight, Out of Mind. The ‘Social Death’ of Institutionalized Women and Children and the ‘Social Amnesia’ of Irish Society in the Twentieth Century, Depicted in Forensic Evidence from the Children's Mass Grave at a former Mother and Baby Home in Tuam, Co. Galway.Kandidat-uppsats,
Sammanfattning : The twentieth century was a time of social and political changes. Victims of trauma, genocide, massacres and abuse in a largely Post-Colonial era would increasingly gain recognition and places of suffering, death and pain would become places of remembrance. LÄS MER
3. Olika men ändå lika. En jämförelsestudie av konstruktioner, gravgods och ritualer mellan svenska och kontinentaleuropeiska kammargravar under folkvandringstidenKandidat-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Arkeologi
Sammanfattning : The aim of this essay is to compare Migration Period chamber tombs from Central and Western Europe with Migration Period chamber tombs from Sweden, with a specific focus on the constructions, grave goods and traceable rituals in each respective geographical area’s tombs. This comparative study also features three examples of Swedish chamber tombs, located in Högom, Lilla Jored and Lilla Sylta, which are discussed in comparison with the continental chamber tombs, as well as the general view on Swedish chamber tombs. LÄS MER
4. Comparing the Past and the Timeless: Landscape Use, Change, and Affordance in Central Blekinge, Sweden, Between the Iron Age and the Medieval PeriodMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Historisk arkeologi
Sammanfattning : Recent archaeological excavations have uncovered an Iron Age temple house in Vång providing new context to the centrality of Iron Age central Blekinge in Sweden, as well as its development into the Medieval period. This thesis aims to examine how that development unfolded using the lens of affordance theory combined with a GIS assisted source pluralistic analysis. LÄS MER
5. "I skåninger, hvor er I dog et utaknemmeligt folkeslag!" : en kvalitativ textanalys av Skånes och skåningarnas roll i Saxo Grammaticus Gesta DanorumKandidat-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Historia
Sammanfattning : .... LÄS MER