Sökning: "History of science"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 1019 uppsatser innehållade orden History of science.
- Master-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för data- och informationsteknik
Sammanfattning : Software maintenance forms a crucial activity of any viable software system. Sometimes it becomes the most expensive and time-consuming phase in the life cycle ofthe software product. Software maintainability on the other hand, measures howeasy it is for a software product to be modified. LÄS MER
- Magister-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för litteratur, idéhistoria och religion
Sammanfattning : This study places the BBC series Walking with Dinosaurs (1999) in the context of the history of wildlife filmmaking in the BBC, which began in the 1950’s. Despite Walking with Dinosaurs’s use of digital animation, as opposed to mechanical objectivity, a comparison of the intentions and epistemic notions of the creators of the program to those of their predecessors reveals a historical continuity in epistemic values, as well as in ideas regarding what positions natural history programs should hold in the circulation of knowledge between the scientific community, television, journalists, and the public. LÄS MER
3. Frankenstein's Mother - Mapping structures, and researching ways of creating new ones, within the interrelated entanglement of artistic practice and motherhoodMaster-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/HDK-Valand - Högskolan för konst och design
Sammanfattning : American artist Judy Chicago once told another artist, Helen Million Ruby, that she had tochoose between her children and artistic practice. When asked about this, she commented that she was not giving an ultimatum but merely stating a fact. LÄS MER
4. Från Potebnja till Barthes - den tidiga formalismens materialisering : Återproblematiseringar av Viktor Šklovskijs metodimmanenta principMaster-uppsats, Stockholms universitet/Institutionen för slaviska och baltiska språk, finska, nederländska och tyska
Sammanfattning : In the course of this thesis, decisive problematizations, in the Foucauldian sense, around Viktor Šklovskij’s early Russian Formalism shall be the object of re-problematizations. More precisely, a careful look will be taken at re-problematizations around theoretical aspects regarding Šklovskij’s paradigmatic reductionist model, primarily as it is introduced in his article Art as device (1917), described most notably by Aage Hansen-Löve and Wolf Schmid in Der Russische Formalismus (1978) and Slavische Erzähltheorie (2010), Elemente der Narratologie (2014) as well as Grundthemen der Literaturwissenschaft: Erzählen (2018) respectively. LÄS MER
5. Hong Kong Under the One Country, Two Systems Policy ——Through the Case study of Anti-Extradition Law Amendment Bill Movement to exploring the identity and ontological security issues of Hong KongeseMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Graduate School; Lunds universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen; Lunds universitet/Pedagogik; Lunds universitet/Master of Science in Global Studies
Sammanfattning : Traditional security studies focuses primarily on physical threats to the state. By contrast, the ontological security framework argues that individuals feel secure when they are able to maintain a communal narrative. Such a framework lends itself to an analysis of the impact of identity continuity on security. LÄS MER