Sökning: "Human Resilience"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 125 uppsatser innehållade orden Human Resilience.
1. Fostering Cooperative Resilience during the COVID-19 Pandemic : A case study on coffee cooperatives' operations during the 2020 COVID-19 pandemicMagister-uppsats, Linnéuniversitetet/Institutionen för samhällsstudier (SS)
Sammanfattning : This study investigates the resilience of coffee cooperatives and producer organizations in the context of the COVID-19 pandemic and explores their adaptations to the context in relation to their livelihood capitals. The changes to their operations are analyzed through the contexts of shocks, trends and stresses and how they perceived these threats. LÄS MER
2. The intraspecific drought tolerance of Betula pendula Roth. : ecotypic aptitude as tree selection criteria for the urban landscapeMaster-uppsats, SLU/Department of Plant Breeding (from 130101)
Sammanfattning : The ecosystem services provided by urban trees are substantial contributors to the quality of urban living, and their environmentally regulating capabilities are increasingly regarded as integral in order to efficiently secure urban resilience, by ameliorating the human and material impacts of extreme weather events. However, current trends of urban development presents challenges of how to preserve urban greenery ecosystem functioning, particularly in light of the ongoing climate change; which also has brought forth the importance of taxonomically diverse urban forests, to mitigate risks of catastrophic tree loss associated with these conditions. LÄS MER
3. Urban infrastructure inundation risk from permanent sea-level rise scenarios in London (UK), Bangkok (Thailand) and Mumbai (India): A comparative analysisMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Institutionen för naturgeografi och ekosystemvetenskap
Sammanfattning : Due to anthropogenically created climate change, global cities are facing inundation by rising sea levels. This study aimed to fill knowledge gaps in understanding the exposure of urban infrastructure such as roads, railways, buildings and parks to sea-level rise (SLR) scenarios, and how this would affect local populations. LÄS MER
4. Effects of the 2018 drought on mire productivity in Skogaryd - Evaluation of ground sensors, satellite data and meteorological dataMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Institutionen för naturgeografi och ekosystemvetenskap
Sammanfattning : The drought is a complex meteorological phenomenon associated with low precipitation and low water saturation in atmosphere, soils and plants and can has a great effect on aboveground biomass and change the structure and function of the ecosystems. The droughts also are known to reduce the primary and secondary productivity of vegetation. LÄS MER
- L3-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Företagsekonomiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : Purpose - The business world today becomes more VUCA than ever. Organizations around the world need to develop and establish strategies to respond to this disruptive environment. This paper aims to explore what strategic responses that organizations could adopt in order to survive and thrive in a VUCA world. LÄS MER