Sökning: "Human geography"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 181 uppsatser innehållade orden Human geography.
1. Where there is road, there is fire (influence): An exploratory study on the influence of roads in the spatial patterns of Swedish wildfires of 2018Master-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Institutionen för naturgeografi och ekosystemvetenskap
Sammanfattning : This study focuses on the Swedish wildfire season of 2018, when the country incurred ten times more than the average burnt area that occurred in previous years. The study aims to address a broad research question: Do roads influence the size of the burned area? This study fills the gap in research on the effects of roads in the spatial patterns of wildfires. LÄS MER
2. The role of motivations and perceived ability to cycle as a mode of transport in an emerging cycling culture - the case study of Cork Metropolitan Area, IrelandMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Institutionen för kulturgeografi och ekonomisk geografi
Sammanfattning : Cycling as mode of transport can be seen as a sustainable and active mode of travel that can be part of the solution for climate change and urban congestion. Many cities in Europe are now investing in cycling to reduce their carbon emissions and make their spaces more liveable and accessible. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Linköpings universitet/Institutionen för tema
Sammanfattning : Rural schools are facing threats due to global processes such as globalization, urbanization and demographic changes. However, schools have been shown to be significant for rural communities in geographical and social contexts, as they contribute to a sense of place through being hubs for communities, places for relationship building and integration alongside holding and reproducing local identity. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Umeå universitet/Institutionen för geografi
Sammanfattning : This master thesis in human geography explores how neighborhoods are represented and perceived on the popular social media platform Instagram. By analyzing user-generated content, both visually and textually, this study aims to uncover the predominant themes, characteristics, and subjective perspectives associated with neighborhood representation on Instagram. LÄS MER
5. Supergröda eller samhällsbörda? : En politisk-ekologisk analys av relationen mellan det svenska samhället och industrihampa (Cannabis Sativa L.)Kandidat-uppsats, Stockholms universitet/Institutionen för naturgeografi
Sammanfattning : The agricultural sector plays a crucial role in securing a more sustainable livelihood for the world's growing population. An expanded cultivation of multifunctional and environmentally smart crops like industrial hemp (Cannabis sativa L.) can thus be part of the solution in meeting the increasingly high demands of sustainable development. LÄS MER