Sökning: "Indigenous people"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 282 uppsatser innehållade orden Indigenous people.
- Kandidat-uppsats, Högskolan i Gävle/Avdelningen för humaniora
Sammanfattning : Louise Erdrich's novel Love Medicine presents a variety of voices that depict thetruths of Chippewa life and how they as a group are victims of a society that authorizesoppression and domination. Studies show that Chippewa tribes have a close connectionto nature and with each other as people. LÄS MER
2. Röstberättigande eller identitetsbekräftande? – den diskursiva striden kring Sametingets röstlängd : En institutionell diskursanalys över de politiska och identitetsmässiga effekterna av Sametingets röstlängds utformning, tolkning och tillämpningMaster-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : In 1993, Sweden instituted the Sámi Parliament (Sámediggi) as a state agency with the main purpose of representing the indigenous Sámi people externally, as well as monitoring internal cultural affairs, governed by a popularly elected assembly. In the absence of official statistics on the Sámi population, or any formally recognized approaches to define who should count as Sámi, one of the challenging tasks was to create an accurate register of all those who would be eligible to take part in the elections. LÄS MER
3. “Our libraries are dying”: Biopiracy and the social value of traditional medicinal knowledge in Ecuadorian AmazoniaKandidat-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Humanekologi
Sammanfattning : In a global social divide between modern and traditional, medicine has fallen into two sides. Still, much of modern medicine exists because of traditional medicinal knowledge, yet the latter is rarely given any recognition. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Konstfack/Industridesign
Sammanfattning : A Story of placement looks at displacement in Colombia during three different time periods: 529 years ago during colonization, today, and a speculative scenario in 10 years. The project springs from traditional ecological knowledge developed by indigenous Colombian communities, and applies it to create a habitat proposal for a displaced community in Medellin. LÄS MER
5. Marginalized Indigenous Knowledge and Contemporary Swedish Colonialism: The Case of Reindeer Husbandry in Gällivare Forest Sámi CommunityMaster-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/CEMUS
Sammanfattning : In the Forest Sámi community (Skogssameby) of Gällivare in northeastern Sweden, reindeer husbandry is in peril as commercial interests degrade viable reindeer habitat. Among clear-cut forest and young plantations, between highways and railroad tracks, reindeer seek dwindling food. LÄS MER