Sökning: "Indigenous people"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 216 uppsatser innehållade orden Indigenous people.
- Kandidat-uppsats, Malmö universitet/Lärande och samhälle
Sammanfattning : The purpose of this study is to examine conception of identity in the early 19th century Sweden, and how it is reflected in domestic traveling. The study aims to answer questions regarding which identities are to be found in the material, and why. LÄS MER
2. Shamaner, komplicerade ceremonier och heliga stenar : En religionshistorisk studie av religion som kategori i Etnografiska museets utställning Nordamerikas indianerKandidat-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Teologiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : What is religion? That is a question that have been asked and answered over and over again since the invention of the word itself. The definition of religion is still engaging and dividing social science. Despite that, the word has a untaught part of our everyday life. We meet the word on the news, in conversations and in education. LÄS MER
3. Indigenous Perspectives: An examination of how the post-colonial state affects Sámi filmmaking in SwedenKandidat-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Filmvetenskap
Sammanfattning : Abstract When Sámi Blood (dir. Amanda Kernell) came out in 2017, a debate in media in Sweden was born. This was a debate the on silenced oppression and phrenological research faced by the indigenous Sámi people. LÄS MER
4. Land reclamation by reindeer lichens : On the complexity of substrate and reindeer grazing on Cladonia spp. dispersalMaster-uppsats, Umeå universitet/Institutionen för ekologi, miljö och geovetenskap
Sammanfattning : Reindeer lichens are on a dramatic decline in Sweden, with a 71 % decrease in abundance over the last 60 years. Reindeer (Rangifer tarandus tarandus L.) management, undertaken by indigenous Sámi people, depend upon extensive winter grazing grounds with abundant reindeer lichen cover. LÄS MER
5. The Danger of Defending the Environment in Developing Countries : A structured focused comparison study of Honduras and El SalvadorKandidat-uppsats, Linnéuniversitetet/Institutionen för samhällsstudier (SS)
Sammanfattning : The environment is taking a larger part of the debate resulting in the creation of UN declarations, domestic and regional laws, public pressure on companies and politicians to take responsibility, and a greater awareness on our increasingly exploited planet. However, the people who are affected the most, poor and often indigenous people, find themselves in an increasingly dangerous position when they try to defend the planet. LÄS MER