Sökning: "Indo-Aryan languages"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 16 uppsatser innehållade orden Indo-Aryan languages.
- Kandidat-uppsats, Stockholms universitet/Institutionen för lingvistik
Sammanfattning : This thesis presents a study of the phonological and morphosyntactic characteristics of Kalkoti, an understudied Indo-Aryan language of northern Pakistan. Kalkoti belongs to the Shina group of Indo-Aryan languages, but shows heavy influence from the Kohistani language Gawri, including the development of a complex tone system. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Stockholms universitet/Institutionen för lingvistik
Sammanfattning : The current study investigates how locative clauses and existential constructions are realized and differentiated in the language of Khowar [ISO 693–3: khw] (Hindu Kush Indo-Aryan, HKIA). Khowar is one of several under-researched languages in the Hindu Kush, and as of yet there is no comprehensive description of its linguistic structure. LÄS MER
- Magister-uppsats, Stockholms universitet/Avdelningen för allmän språkvetenskap
Sammanfattning : This study presents selected features in the phonology and grammar of Sauji, an Indo-Aryan language spoken in a village in the Kunar province in north-eastern Afghanistan. Sauji belongs to a cluster of (western) Shina languages - a subgroup of the Hindukush Indo-Aryan languages, which are spoken in large parts of northernmost Pakistan, north-eastern Afghanistan, and the disputed Kashmir region. LÄS MER
4. Lexico-Semantic Areality in the Greater Hindu Kush : An Areal-Typological Study on Numerals and Kinship TermsMaster-uppsats, Stockholms universitet/Institutionen för lingvistik
Sammanfattning : The Greater Hindu Kush designates a mountainous area extending from Afghanistan over Pakistan, Tajikistan and India to the westernmost parts of China. It is home to over 50 lan- guages from six different phyla; Indo-Aryan, Iranian, Nuristani, Turkic, Tibeto-Burman and the language isolate Burushaski. LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, Stockholms universitet/Avdelningen för allmän språkvetenskap
Sammanfattning : In this thesis, 9 Indo-Aryan languages which have previously been classified as Shina languages were analyzed. A cognate analysis of basic vocabulary was conducted, in order to explore the relatedness of the languages. LÄS MER