Sökning: "Insect Detection"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 12 uppsatser innehållade orden Insect Detection.
- Master-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Institutionen för naturgeografi och ekosystemvetenskap
Sammanfattning : The European spruce bark beetle is considered as one of the most destructive forest insects to Norway spruce trees in Europe. Climate change may increase the frequency and intensity of bark beetle outbreaks. It is therefore of vital importance to detect the bark beetle outbreaks and take it under control to prevent further damages. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Matematisk statistik
Sammanfattning : Good insect monitoring is important for both disease vector control and e?cient usage of pesticides in farming. Entomological lidar has been proven useful for detecting and monitoring insects. For every insect that transit the laser beam a backscatter signal containing species-specific information is obtained. LÄS MER
3. Bioinformatic approaches for detecting homologous genes in the genomes of non-model organisms : A case study of wing development genes in insect genomesUppsats för yrkesexamina på avancerad nivå, Uppsala universitet/Evolutionsbiologi
Sammanfattning : Identifying homologous genes, that is genes from a common ancestor, is important in comparative genomic studies for understanding gene annotation and the predicted function of a gene. Several pieces of software, of which the most well-known is BLAST, have been developed for identifying homologues, but this can be challenging in non-model organisms where sometimes poor quality of genome assemblies and lack of annotation make it difficult to robustly identify homologues. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Institutionen för elektro- och informationsteknik
Sammanfattning : The aim with this Master thesis work is to design, build and test a small size, light weight and low power consumption harmonic radar system that will be installed in a flying drone for the purpose of tracking and localizing tagged Bogong moths near their aestivation caves and crevices in Australia during summer. A FMCW harmonic radar is proposed, it comprises a radar transmitter, receiver and a signal processor. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Fysiska institutionen; Lunds universitet/Förbränningsfysik
Sammanfattning : Insects can be mapped using a method called Scheimpflug Lidar (LIght Detection And Ranging). Sending out light in the near infrared range and detecting the backscattered echo, it is possible to resolve flying organisms in range and time. Insect observations can be distinguished from the background signal through adaptive thresholding. LÄS MER