Sökning: "Institutional activism"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 21 uppsatser innehållade orden Institutional activism.
1. Desperate times call for responsible measures : Understanding responsibility through the stories of academic activistsMagister-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Företagsekonomiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : In recent years, activism movements have shaken public consciousness, waking us up to the fact that there is no time to waste in light of the Social and Environmental Crises humanity is facing. Since the pivotal role of science and technology has in both creating and trying to solve those Crises, scientists’ political engagement has been the topic of an increasing number of publications. LÄS MER
2. “The whole concept is just a joke. A right to food?” A phenomenological study on state initiative in Vancouver’s food justice and sovereignty movementMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Sociologi; Lunds universitet/Socialhögskolan; Lunds universitet/Sociologiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : This thesis is informed by a collection of discussions that highlight participant perspectives on Vancouver’s food justice and food sovereignty movement, mainstream food discourse in the city, and how the state’s institutional role is involved in prospects for the future. Vancouver, Canada constitutes an appropriate case as a dense, urban, and intensely commodified space with conspicuous pockets of concentrated food activism. LÄS MER
3. Red Lines & Hockey Sticks : A discourse analysis of the IPCC’s visual cultureand climate science (mis)communicationMaster-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Institutionen för ABM
Sammanfattning : Within the climate science research community there exists an overwhelming consensus on the question of climate change. The scientific literature supports the broad conclusion that the Earth’s climate is changing, that this change is driven by human factors (anthropogenic), and that the environmental consequences could be severe. LÄS MER
4. Museer och politiskt ställningstagande : en undersökning av hur museer ser på ställningstagande och vilken roll de kan spela i att främja en demokratisk och humanitär samhällsutvecklingMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Avdelningen för ABM och digitala kulturer
Sammanfattning : Taking a starting point in museum activism this thesis explores what it means for museums to take a political stand, which aims to work for a democratic and humanitarian development of society. The research has been done, by interviewing individuals in decision-making positions within the Swedish museum sector. LÄS MER
5. Writing, Reading and Reproducing #MeToo Accounts : An Institutional Ethnography Approach to Researching the Feminist HashtagMaster-uppsats, Linköpings universitet/Tema Genus
Sammanfattning : On 15 October 2017 actress Alyssa Milano posted the following on her Twitter account: “If you’ve been sexually harassed or assaulted write ‘me too’ as a reply to this tweet”. After Milano’s tweet, the hashtag #MeToo is said to have gone viral overnight. LÄS MER