Sökning: "Instrumental Variable"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 71 uppsatser innehållade orden Instrumental Variable.
1. Varför ökar svensk skuldkvot? : Studie om inrikes migration är bidragande faktor till de svenska hushållens ökande skuldkvotKandidat-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Nationalekonomiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : Swedish debt is today at its highest level ever and gaining knowledge about the reasons why is consequently important. The aim of this thesis is therefore to study whether migration between Swedish municipalities and counties effect debt. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Jönköping University/IHH, Nationalekonomi
Sammanfattning : This work aims at answering the following questions: what is the gain in future earnings from spending one more year in schooling? Do all years in education increase one’s wages by the same amount? Will obtaining a diploma positively affect one’s future wage? By running a Mincer equation enhanced with factors such as sector of employment or gender and using the educational attainment of the parents as an instrumental variable on the 2017 wave of the German Socio-economic Panel, I am able to estimate that in Germany, returns to education are around 10%. To circumvent endogeneity and omitted variable bias, 2SLS is favoured against OLS. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Ekonomisk-historiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : Effective tax systems play a key role in self-sustained economic growth. Where foreign aid can provide much needed funds for less developed countries, it may also increase aid dependency if the country does not simultaneously improve its taxing capacity. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Nationalekonomiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : This paper empirically investigates the relationship between education and risk of developing dementia. From a large body of literature, it is well known that higher education associates with better health. This is true both for health in general, but also for more specific diseases like Alzheimer’s. LÄS MER
5. Are Renewable Energy Policies Effective? : A panel data study concerning the impact policies have on the reduction of carbon dioxide emissions through renewable energy productionKandidat-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Nationalekonomiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : Climate change has been a topic of interest both in politics and academics during the last decades and it is only becoming more prominent. The relationship between energy usage and greenhouse gas emissions is of particular interest both in politics and in the world of business. LÄS MER