Sökning: "Intergroup Conflict"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 17 uppsatser innehållade orden Intergroup Conflict.
1. Colombia’s Socio-Economic Stratification System : An urbanisation policy that causes intergroup conflict?Kandidat-uppsats, Linnéuniversitetet/Institutionen för samhällsstudier (SS)
Sammanfattning : Rapid urbanisation is a global phenomenon on the rise. If managed poorly by the cities affected, it may lead to, e.g. segregation, air pollution and civil unrest. LÄS MER
2. The last “terrorist” - Kurdish Marginalized Perspectives in the Turkish Social And Political LandscapeKandidat-uppsats, Malmö universitet/Kultur och samhälle
Sammanfattning : Despite the vast research on the protracted conflict between the PKK and the Turkish state, recent battles in the South-East of Turkey have increased the anti-Kurdish attitudes and discourses in Turkish society. I argue that Kurdish marginalized individuals conflict understandings are silenced in the Turkish social and political landscape. LÄS MER
- Magister-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Teologiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : This study is based on the perspectives of Syrian youth, on how they can contribute to and participate in future peace initiatives for Syria. The purpose of the study is to investigate opportunities and barriers to youth’s participation for peace, as well as the instrumental role of education in learning about nonviolent pathways for change. LÄS MER
- Magister-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Institutionen för freds- och konfliktforskning
Sammanfattning : The study explores the effect of intergroup contact on the likelihood of spoiler group activity on a micro-regional level in post-conflict societies. It argues that higher levels of intergroup contact make areas more resilient to spoiler groups. LÄS MER
5. Xenophobia and Intergroup Conflict: An Inquiry Through The Concept of Health A qualitative field study on the perceptions of health among refugees and asylum seekers in Cape Town, South AfricaKandidat-uppsats, Malmö universitet/Kultur och samhälle
Sammanfattning : Motivated by the ongoing and widespread xenophobia in South Africa, this study explores the experiences of health access and the health sector by refugees and asylum seekers so as to understand intergroup relations, and more specifically the tensions between nationals and non-nationals. In achieving this, an ethnographic fieldwork was conducted in Cape Town, South Africa during Spring 2017; semi-structured interviews with refugees and asylum seekers provide the material for analysis to identify key perceptions on health and xenophobia to shed light on what possible peacebuilding initiatives should address. LÄS MER