Sökning: "International Solidarity"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 83 uppsatser innehållade orden International Solidarity.
1. Aktiva fredskvinnor : En mikrohistorisk studie över Internationella Kvinnoförbundet för Fred och Frihet i Växjö 1935-1967Kandidat-uppsats, Linnéuniversitetet/Institutionen för kulturvetenskaper (KV)
Sammanfattning : Abstract This microhistorical study examines the local circle of Women’s International League for Peace and Freedom in Växjö during the years 1935 to 1967. The purpose of the essay is to contribute to research in women’s history by describing and analyzing some of the association’s members and activities. LÄS MER
2. Be better than nationalism: overcoming economic inequality for international solidarity. Using social movement theory to deconstruct the cultural ideology of the Alternative for GermanyMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/LUCSUS
Sammanfattning : This thesis advocates for the evaluation of current sociopolitical conflicts through the lens of social movement theory, as a decisive path to deconstruct the premises of the German right-wing party Alternative for Germany (Alternative für Deutschland, AfD). The party is conceptualized as an institutionalized social movement, which is insufficiently answering public material grievances caused by economic inequality with the cultural response of nationalistic solidarity. LÄS MER
3. Actor or ally? Exploring Sweden’s involvement in Turkish gender politics through the Swedish Consulate General in IstanbulMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Genusvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : The aim of this project is to study the implementation of Sweden’s feminist foreign policy through its gender equality enchancing foreign aid to Turkish civil society, managed by The Swedish Consulate General in Istanbul. Through a multi-methods study based on document analysis of project grant cases in 2019, and in-depth interviews with Consulate staff and representatives from partner organizations, the study maps a web of different actors and processes of change in Turkish gender politics: states, civil society, segments of the public and the international community. LÄS MER
4. When mitigation of xenophobia becomes part of the humanitarian agenda : an examination of the social cohesion strategies in the Venezuelan migration situationMagister-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Teologiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : Xenophobia ‘fear and hatred of strangers’ has become part of the international humanitarian agenda with the increased human mobility due to complex emergencies. Nevertheless, there is a knowledge gap in how to address such a complex social problem. LÄS MER
5. Erratic Subject Didactics : a Study of Conditions Antecedent to Secondary Education Reform and Their Effects on Social Science DidacticsMagister-uppsats, Högskolan Kristianstad/Fakulteten för lärarutbildning
Sammanfattning : This paper studies how changing political, economic, and social conditions in and related to Sweden affected its secondary education policy and the role that social science didactics plays. By analyzing Swedish secondary school curricula, the related social science syllabus, education act, and corresponding organizational documents, the causes for, and context of education reform become clear. LÄS MER