Sökning: "Intrusion Detection System IDS"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 22 uppsatser innehållade orden Intrusion Detection System IDS.
1. Machine Learning for a Network-based Intrusion Detection System : An application using Zeek and the CICIDS2017 datasetM1-uppsats, KTH/Hälsoinformatik och logistik
Sammanfattning : Cyber security is an emerging ﬁeld in the IT-sector. As more devices are connected to the internet, the attack surface for hackers is steadily increasing. Network-based Intrusion Detection Systems (NIDS) can be used to detect malicious traﬃc in networks and Machine Learning is an up and coming approach for improving the detection rate. LÄS MER
2. Lightweight Portable Intrusion Detection System for Auditing Applications : Implementation and evaluation of a lightweight portable intrusion detection system using Raspberry Pi and Wi-Fi PineappleMaster-uppsats, Linköpings universitet/Databas och informationsteknik; Linköpings universitet/Databas och informationsteknik
Sammanfattning : The goal of this thesis was to develop, deploy and evaluate a lightweight portable intrusion detection system (LPIDS) over wireless networks. The LPIDS was developed by adopting two different string matching algorithms: Aho-Corasick algorithm and Knuth–Morris–Pratt algorithm (KMP). LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, Högskolan i Halmstad/Akademin för informationsteknologi; Högskolan i Halmstad/Akademin för informationsteknologi
Sammanfattning : The security in home networks is a growing concern, not in the least due to the increase in connected devices with the Internet of Things (IoT). Different types of Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS’s) exists with various system requirements. LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, Mälardalens högskola/Akademin för innovation, design och teknik; Mälardalens högskola/Akademin för innovation, design och teknik
Sammanfattning : The threat against industrial networks have increased, which raises the demands on the industries cybersecurity. The industrial networks are not constructed with cybersecurity in mind, which makes these systems vulnerable to attacks. Even if the networks outer protection is deemed sufficient, the system may still be infected. LÄS MER
5. Improving the precision of an Intrusion Detection System using Indicators of Compromise : - a proof of concept -Master-uppsats, Luleå tekniska universitet/Institutionen för system- och rymdteknik; Luleå tekniska universitet/Institutionen för system- och rymdteknik
Sammanfattning : The goal of this research is to improve an IDS so that the percentage of true positives is high, an organisation can cut time and cost and use its resources in a more optimal way. This research goal was to prove that the precision of an intrusion detection system (IDS), in terms of producing lower rate of false positives or higher rate of true alerts, can be achieved by parsing indicators of compromise (IOC) to gather information, that combined with system-specific knowledge will be a solid base for manual fine-tuning of IDS-rules. LÄS MER