Sökning: "Jane Austen Helen fielding"
Hittade 5 uppsatser innehållade orden Jane Austen Helen fielding.
1. Petticoats or Miniskirts: A Comparative Analysis of Feminine Narration in Pride and Prejudice and Bridget Jones's DiaryKandidat-uppsats, Stockholms universitet/Engelska institutionen
Sammanfattning : Abstract Both Pride and Prejudice (Jane Austen) and Bridget Jones’s Diary (Helen Fielding) have been thoroughly examined by literary critics. When discussed from a feminist perspective, critics are ambiguous as some claim that the novels work against feminist values rather than the reverse. LÄS MER
2. Genus i skönlitteratur : En komparativ analys av Elizabeth Bennet och Bridget Jones ur ett genusperspektivMaster-uppsats, Linnéuniversitetet/Institutionen för svenska språket (SV)
Sammanfattning : This thesis analyses protagonist Elizabeth Bennet in Jane Austen’s book Pride and Prejudice (1813) and protagonist Bridget Jones in Helen Fielding’s book Bridget Jones' Diary (1996) from a gender theory perspective. I use a comparative method to analyse how two themes are portrayed in the books: family and marriage and education and career. LÄS MER
3. The Accomplished Woman – No Changes Accomplished? : A Comparison of the Portrayal of Women in Jane Austen’s Pride & Prejudice and Helen Fielding’s Bridget JonesKandidat-uppsats, Växjö universitet/Institutionen för humaniora
Sammanfattning : In this essay I compare the notion of the accomplished woman in Jane Austen’s Pride & Prejudice and Helen Fielding’s novels about Bridget Jones. My claim is that the notion of the accomplished woman that Austen described 200 years ago is still very relevant and not much different today as reflected in Helen Fielding’s narrative in Bridget Jones, but also that both authors satirically describe the pressure that is put on women to reach the ideal of the accomplished woman. LÄS MER
4. Women of Substance : The Aspect of Education, Career and Female Identity in Pride and Prejudice and Bridget Jones's DiaryKandidat-uppsats, Högskolan Dalarna/Engelska
Sammanfattning : Although two hundred years separate Jane Austen and Helen Fielding and, subsequently, also their portrayals of society, the similarities outweigh the differences. When juxtaposing Pride and Prejudice and Bridget Jones’s Diary in the light of feminism it is evident that both books provide clear examples of the prevailing situation of women in each time and place. LÄS MER
5. In Search of a Man : A Comparative Analysis of the Marriage Plot in Jane Austen’s Pride and Prejudice and Helen Fielding’s Bridget Jones’s DiaryKandidat-uppsats, Södertörns högskola/Institutionen för språk och kultur
Sammanfattning : .... LÄS MER